Sun sinking in East? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Sun sinking in East?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr006

Reaction Score
As a new Sun fan... seems that the GM has done a pretty good job.... at least in the past two years.
You think THAT'S a "pretty good job"... you should see the job he did the previous 10 years... :D

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
You think THAT'S a "pretty good job"... you should see the job he did the previous 10 years... :D

Tell me about the previous 1o years. Ive only cared about them since April.

Reaction Score
If the Sun end up with first draft, I would not be shocked if they would trade 'Stewey' for 3 other players & then give Donovan a raise! Her past record, as a coach in college, is terrible & the same for recruiting players. Sad to say, I have lost interest in the team !

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
If the Sun end up with first draft, I would not be shocked if they would trade 'Stewey' for 3 other players & then give Donovan a raise! Her past record, as a coach in college, is terrible & the same for recruiting players. Sad to say, I have lost interest in the team !

Playing for Donovan would be the worst thing that could happen to Stewie. If that happens, she would be well served to not sign. Not giving Donovan a chance to wreck her career. Look what AD did to Tina Charles. Ran her out of town, badmouthing her the entire way. She actually questioned Charles commitment to winning. Now Charles is leading the team with the best record in the league while the Sun is in last place. Again. Water finds it's own level.

ocoandasoc

Fan of MizzoUConn
Reaction Score
AD has the team on track for another 20+ loss season.... the third in a row... I believe she is the only WNBA coach to ever achieve that. In the 13-year history of the team her three seasons are the worst three in wins and losses. They should fire her right now and get a jump on turning things around. She is to Sun's basketball what Paul Pasqualoni was to UConn football. Both took successful programs on the rise into irrelevance. Once she's gone the REAL rebuilding can begin.

Reaction Score
Hire Geno as a Consultant to find the next GM and Coach..........He knows talent and future BB leaders.....Its worth the investment by the SUN.. They lost my wife and I 3 years ago when they fired Coach T.........They needs winning players and a young coach who can mold a new attitude.........Outside of Kelly Faris, who has ever won any major championships?.......Winners breed winning.....

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Any chance the Sun's owners are looking to cut their losses and sell the franchise?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
The Sun may be setting but the Fever is rising. Indiana is now 1 game behind the Liberty. There is not a hotter team in the WNBA.

:oops: You jinxed them

Reaction Score
If the CT Sun wake up, smell the coffee, and fire Anne Donovan and GM Chris Sienko after the season, Mohegan Sun executive management should think outside the box and investigate two areas.

(1)whether a successful Div. I college WBB coach was interested in moving to the WNBA! Here are 3 names to start with, you'd be offering them the Head Coaching position & the GM position with TOTAL CONTROL of the BB program!
Jeff Walz L'ville
Kim Barnes Arico Michigan Univ.
Sheryl Swoopes Loyola Univ.
There might be others interested but these 3 make a great start! Who knows if you offer big $ and FULL CONTROL they may take the leap! It can't hurt to give them a call!
Previously I had thought of Debbie Black popular ex Sun player who was at Eastern Illinois but is no longer there! I don't know if she's still coaching!

(2) It might be possible if these turn down the jobs to check for some of the best Asst. Coaches in the WNBA!
Will be back tomorrow with some Asst. Coaches names to consider.
There are a lot of great BB minds out there, the Sun should start looking around!

Reaction Score
I haven't followed the Sun ( heading west lol ) much so I am not as aware of the coaching situation as many of you are. Still my perspective of AD is that she is a bit too methodical and unimaginative to win with any team other than one with a loaded line up. He substitution patterns leave much to be desired. Seems they are based purely on pattern and not on how well the players are actually playing. There are a lot of coaches in all area's of the game who are very similar. They often get lucky with a team as everything falls into place and thus acquire an undeserved rep as a winner. The one that comes to mind is Rick Carlisle of the Dallas Mavs. Having not followed her career like Ricks, I obviously do not know her as well. But from what I have observed her personality traits and patterns seem very similar to his. Kindred spirits if you will.

Reaction Score
Well after my extensive research I have come up with 6 present Asst. coaches in the WNBA that can be choices for the Head Coach and GM positions.
Now-a-days you have to give the candidate the dual positions of Head Coach & GM to have a chance at the top candidates!
My 6 Candidates: Not in any particular order!
Herb Williams NY Liberty (been around the block several times/many rodeos!)
Katie Smith NY Liberty (new as asst. but long time player)
Tree Rollins Chicago Sky (been around the block several times/many rodeos!)
Bridget Pettis Tulsa Shock (Respected ex player/long time asst.)
Jim Peterson MN Linx (Long time asst.)
Vickie Johnson San Antonio Stars (respected ex player/ long time asst. with Dan Hughes SA Stars)

Jim Peterson has the longest experience as an asst.
Katie Smith & Vickie Johnson are the best retired pros

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro