Suggestions for the Boneyard | The Boneyard

Suggestions for the Boneyard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
hello to all-

Had a few suggestions I figured I'd drop in here and see if anyone else agrees/has interest in persuing them. Would it be possible to get a sport specific Twitter feed on each board? Football reporters and Twitter accounts on the football board, basketball for the basketball board, maybe a reporter from each AAC school on the conference realignment board?

Also would it be possible to add some new boards? I think a board for non athletic Uconn happenings (anything but athletics, so academics, master plan, local news, Storrs center, etc) would be a good addition as right now a lot of that gets placed in the conference realignment board.

Thanks for reading and I hope some of these ideas can get consideration for the future!

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
A non athletic UConn board would be cool. Would be nice to keep up with the alma mater outside of just the AD.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Have Age Verification process for posters and have that shown by posters handle...I don't want to argue with anymore 15 year olds - I can do that at home.

:)

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Have Age Verification process for posters and have that shown by posters handle...I don't want to argue with anymore 15 year olds - I can do that at home.

Age is not possible to verify.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
hello to all-

Had a few suggestions I figured I'd drop in here and see if anyone else agrees/has interest in persuing them. Would it be possible to get a sport specific Twitter feed on each board? Football reporters and Twitter accounts on the football board, basketball for the basketball board, maybe a reporter from each AAC school on the conference realignment board?

Also would it be possible to add some new boards? I think a board for non athletic Uconn happenings (anything but athletics, so academics, master plan, local news, Storrs center, etc) would be a good addition as right now a lot of that gets placed in the conference realignment board.

Thanks for reading and I hope some of these ideas can get consideration for the future!

Twitter feeds may be set up as a sub board, but not any time soon.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
I always wanted a blended feed (similar to "new posts") where I could specify certain forums for exclusion.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
No problem setting up an alumni board. But it wouldn't work.

Last edited:

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Is there any way to make it so that when you quote a poster it automatically tags them? I figure the reply button already defaults a bunch of coded text (including the username of the person being quoted), so it shouldn't be that difficult to tack on "@<username>" which would directly notify the person that their post was replied to. I admittedly know very little about web design, html etc. but my guess is it's doable.

Drew

Reaction Score
No problem setting up an alumni board. But it wouldn't work.

would that be possible? Just a general university board. Doesn't have to be like job openings or anything since that is what LinkedIn is for but a board to talk about academic advancements of UConn, the branch campus expansions, as well as Storrs and the surrounding areas updated including a calendar of current/upcoming events in the Storrs area would be awesome

Last edited by a moderator:

temery

What?
Reaction Score
would that be possible? Just a general university board. Doesn't have to be like job openings or anything since that is what LinkedIn is for but a board to talk about academic advancements of UConn, the branch campus expansions, as well as Storrs and the surrounding areas updated including a calendar of current/upcoming events in the Storrs area would be awesome

I'll give anything a shot, until it clearly fails.

Who wants to be the moderator, and help make sure the board is successful?

Drew

Reaction Score
I'll give anything a shot, until it clearly fails.

Who wants to be the moderator, and help make sure the board is successful?

What are the details behind being a moderator? I'm willing to give it a shot

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score

Pretty sure Nelson is older than 15.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members