Suggestions for my trip on Thursday.... | The Boneyard

Suggestions for my trip on Thursday....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hello all,

It has been a little while since I was up at the UCONN campus. A co-worker and I are going to be heading up there Thursday after we get out of work and I was wondering if anyoen had any suggestions as to what we should do and look for when we are on campus. Will the new training faculty be open? Do the players go to Gampel and will it be open? anything you can think of would helpful. Also where should I park the garage? Do they ticket the commuter lots during the summer?

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
No idea about parking, but you need to check out the new 'downtown' area. New Uconn bookstore branch, really nice coffee shop (Dog Lane Cafe - nice food, interesting looking deserts, and laid back atmosphere) and if you want a little upscale Geno's Grill - with good food, wine, and small bar area. Mooyah Burgers are good, and the Southwestern restaurant looks nice - has always been too crowded when I tried. Free two hour parking at the back and half hour on the street though I don't think they check too often.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
No idea about parking, but you need to check out the new 'downtown' area. New Uconn bookstore branch, really nice coffee shop (Dog Lane Cafe - nice food, interesting looking deserts, and laid back atmosphere) and if you want a little upscale Geno's Grill - with good food, wine, and small bar area. Mooyah Burgers are good, and the Southwestern restaurant looks nice - has always been too crowded when I tried. Free two hour parking at the back and half hour on the street though I don't think they check too often.
Agreed, we were just there. It's worth it for the omg factor if you haven't seen it yet. Also if the coop is closed there is a store in the village as well. Hit the Dairy bar....yumm

Joobie

Bookie
Reaction Score
The players, as far as I know, (it's been too hot & sticky for me to venture far from my air cooled office) are still practicing at Gample. The outer door may be locked, but the automatic doors USUALLY work, & you can always gain entrance through the doors where the "lobby" is. Parking in the garage is free for the first hour if you spend $5 or more at the CO-OP (they will validate your parking, so bring in your ticket). The CO-OP is open til 6. YES! The parking is still enforced throughout the Summer, so your best bet is to park in the garage.

As far as food goes, there is a variety to be had in the new Storrs Center. Geno's, as you might expect, EXCELLENT. If you aren't in the mood for heavy or pricey, the cafe where the new CO-OP bookstore is, is very good. It's called Le Petit Marche & if you go over there, check out the puppetry museum that also shares that space.

Many of the student-athletes are on campus taking Summer classes. It's not outside the realm of possibility that you would run into any/all of them during your visit. Definitely check out the dairy bar (it's open til 10 PM).

Hope that helps...hope you enjoy your visit to campus.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
The team is going to be in LA for the ESPNY's so its unlikely you'll see any player that was on last years team. I'll make a presumption that the freshmen with the exception of Kia Nurse might be around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom