Suggestions for din din Friday? | The Boneyard

Suggestions for din din Friday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
We are hoping to get down there early enough to get dinner before the game. Anyone know of any restaurants in walking distance from the arena?

Reaction Score
We are hoping to get down there early enough to get dinner before the game. Anyone know of any restaurants in walking distance from the arena?

We four are going to reputedly a great Italian Restaurant a couple of blocks from the Arena.
Ralph 'n' Rich's
815 Main Street
Bridgeport, CT 06604
(203) 366-3597
Menu: http://www.ralphnrichs.com/menu.php

Reaction Score
Ralph 'n Rich's is very good and very close to the arena. If you are willing to go a little farther, Joseph's Steakhouse (expensive but one of the few NYC class steakhouses in this neck of the woods) and Two Boots (Italian and Cajun food which can yield interesting combinations) are on Fairfield Avenue. I would recommend either. Some people I know like the Barnum Publick House on Broad Street but I have never been so I can't comment.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Ralph-n-Rich's is excellent and by far the best closest option. They also have a large bar at which you can eat, so you might want to try to get down there early enough to grab a few bar stools.

Bare Tapas has closed. There was also a good new Italian place right near it last time I was down in that area, around six months ago, but that seems to be closed now too.

Two Boots is okay, nothing great imo.

If you can't get into R-n-R, I would recommend Craft 260 at 260 Post Road in Bridgeport. Gastropub with great beer selection and excellent food. It's a drive and not a walk though.

Same for Walrus + Carpenter, another gastropub, which focuses on very good BBQ and also a good beer selection. It's on Fairfield Ave. in Bridgeport.

Another option is dining anywhere near a Metro North train station along your route and then hopping on the train to the Arena. There is a covered walkway from the train station to the Arena making it very easy. It's only a couple dollars at most between stops. For example, dining at Mario's or Tarry Lodge in the Westport train station, or any of the several good restaurants within walking distance of the Fairfield train station, and then jumping on the train to the Arena. That way you avoid any parking lot issues at the Arena too. We parked in Stratford and took the train from there for last year's men's game down there it worked perfectly.

Reaction Score
Two boots pizza
Joseph steakhouse
Bare tapas
Has anyone tried Amici's a few blocks from the arena? Has a good rating on Yelp, but like a Boneyarder's confirmation. Thanks!

JS

Reaction Score
We parked in Stratford and took the train from there for last year's men's game down there it worked perfectly.
Several restaurants there within a block of the station.

Acapulco - good Mex. A sushi place (haven't tried it), the Station House right at the tracks (some sushi + pretty good general menu); Siena (Italian; just north of the tracks, the others are all south) and McCoy's (Irish pub).

Train ride from Stratford only a few minutes. Conductor may or may not catch you for your ticket (cheap, esp. for seniors) in that space of time.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Several restaurants there within a block of the station.

Acapulco - good Mex. A sushi place (haven't tried it), the Station House right at the tracks (some sushi + pretty good general menu); Siena (Italian; just north of the tracks, the others are all south) and McCoy's (Irish pub).

Train ride from Stratford only a few minutes. Conductor may or may not catch you for your ticket (cheap, esp. for seniors) in that space of time.
I second JS's thoughts. I've eaten there with him twice and enjoyed it. The trains run fairly often and cost about $2.50. We old guys paid half that amount. But we never even saw the conductor. Not that I'm suggesting anything. :)

Reaction Score
It's not within walking distance, but 1.5 miles up on Main Street is a fantastic Portuguese restaurant called O'Manel. It's located at 1909 Main Street in Bridgeport (Webster Bank Arena is at 600 Main St). Great food.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom