Student section....again | The Boneyard

Student section....again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ok, I get why we don't fill the building with non-students, but has the apathy really reached the student now too. Yes, it was Rutgers on a Sunday afternoon (no partying in Hartford), but that was a sad excuse for a student section today. Maybe a 1/3 full.

Can we stop the complaints about where the student sections sits, because if we put them on the side lines, it really won't be much better than those fans that our paying thousands to sit there.

Reaction Score
I was there today and it was a disappointing student turnout but this is the type of season that doesn't always lend itself to the fringe fan turning out in full force for the obvious reasons. Ultimately something needs to be done to reward a certain cross section of the UConn fan base.

Great game for Bazz today. He was special and Giff was wonderful.

Boat was terrible today especially on defense. JMHO

Reaction Score
On TV, it actually seemed loud, and full of students. Oh well.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
i was there and it was empty but we were pretty loud. kinda hard to get the average student motivated to go to a game on a sunday afternoon in hartford against rutgirls.

Reaction Score
I thought it sounded pretty dead most of the time and very little in the eruption world!!

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
I sat in the student section in on the corner (prefer the better view to standing 15 rows back). I mentally noted that I could hear the hum if the lights at several points in the game.

Reaction Score
Also the crowd was bigger than what i expected. It wasn't loud until the last 10 minutes but that is going to happen when the score is 32-32 with less than 10 minutes left in the game. The students were generally a no show but thanks to the ones that did go.

Reaction Score
The sidelines looked pretty full. I'm pretty sure they just didn't sell all of the XL season student tickets this year and kids aren't really trying to go out to Hartford on a Sunday afternoon.

The worst thing about XL student section crowds like that is the only kids standing are the ones on the risers and you can see kids sitting with their legs spread out on the empty seats in front of them. LOOKS LIKE CRAP

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I was in 106. It was pretty quiet but pretty well attended. The student sections were flat out empty.

Reaction Score
Face it. For a program with three titles, the student section has never been an elite one that matched the programs success. And now? Like everything else in CT sports, they're jumping right off the bandwagon.

Reaction Score
I just watched on ESPN 3 and there were a lot of empty seats. With UConn's conference future so up in the air I would think the news media should create a buzz to have all teams better supported. I tend to think UConn will come out all right when all is revealed over the next 12 months regarding CR, but it would help if the the fans would get it together and show up. If our conference future is garbage (only a 15% probability in my mind) then you can throw in the towel. But for now grad a blue and white towel and wave it so its comes across on the tube.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Actual looked more like 8-9K on TV.........

Sounded like a Tulane crowd though

Tulane had I believe 2.5k at its last home game...

Signs of things to come we're doomed haha

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Perception is everything, see Zach's tweet from the NY Post

ybybymut.jpg

Reaction Score
The students are back on campus, why isn't this game scheduled for Gampel and the Depaul game during student break put in the XL Center? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom