Still think fees rise forever? | The Boneyard

Still think fees rise forever?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score

Magically this will be worked out before the beginning of baseball season... but you're right. Yankees in CT would never have been an issue until recently. I think we're going to see a ton of consolidation before too long. The internet is going to do to cable what it did to the print media. Lots of consolidation. I think the TV industry will do better than the news paper industry... but it's going to hurt getting there.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I agree with you that market is changing but I don't think the YES/Comcast negotiation is indicative of what conferences (like the B1G) will get for their Tier 1 rights.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
This is a standard contract squabble. Comcast has the hammer because no one in West Hartford cares about the Nets. Come April, the scale tips and they get a deal. Comcast saves 5 months of payments, Yes gets a bump in April worth about the same.

If UCONN were on YES, this wouldn't be happening.

Reaction Score
This is a standard contract squabble. Comcast has the hammer because no one in West Hartford cares about the Nets. Come April, the scale tips and they get a deal. Comcast saves 5 months of payments, Yes gets a bump in April worth about the same.

If UCONN were on YES, this wouldn't be happening.
This appears to be system wide, New jersey too

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Yep - the Big Ten is going to get whatever their hearts desires... nothing to see anywhere - Comcast fighting back and ESPN dumping people has nothing to do with the market in upheaval.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Now if I would have posted that, you'd have thrown a tantrum about me celebrating the end of the rights fee cash cow.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Now if I would have posted that, you'd have thrown a tantrum about me celebrating the end of the rights fee cash cow.

Yeah pointing out an ACC network would be good for UConn's candidacy is a 'tantrum'.

You did get my point though - reaction to news here is filtered through fantasy. If one still thinks the Big Ten is going to save UConn - you might need to go back to the drawing board.

Reaction Score
Yeah pointing out an ACC network would be good for UConn's candidacy is a 'tantrum'.

You did get my point though - reaction to news here is filtered through fantasy. If one still thinks the Big Ten is going to save UConn - you might need to go back to the drawing board.

Sorry all I read was "good for UConn" and stopped.

Great news here. Thanks for sharing.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Sorry all I read was "good for UConn" and stopped.

Great news here. Thanks for sharing.

Don't worry I don't need another primer on the Big Ten fever dreams.

Sarcasm is good enough.

Reaction Score
Don't worry I don't need another primer on the Big Ten fever dreams.

Sarcasm is good enough.

I'm just playing with you. I completely understand the point you're making.

FWIW I don't think there is any path towards either conference at the moment, though I do tend to be in the camp that thinks the B1G is more likely if for no other reason than that if we were ACC-bound, we'd be there by now.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Yep - the Big Ten is going to get whatever their hearts desires... nothing to see anywhere - Comcast fighting back and ESPN dumping people has nothing to do with the market in upheaval.

the market is in upheaval, but this is also just a normal squabble. It's also YES, who is a known problem child when it comes to RSNs and cost.

Dish network has been without YES and SNY for years and years due to things like this - far before upheaval.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom