Stewie playing like a Monster | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Stewie playing like a Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
I don't agree that it is a given that Morgan will leave when Stewie and Moriah leave...quite the contrary...I suspect she will enroll in grad school and she will play her last year of eligibility. The only current player in WCBB that I believe will forgo her last year o eligibility is Diamond Deshields. I believe this because she will realize that she has more to gain by going to the "W" than staying for her last year of eligibility at Tennessee.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
I don't agree that it is a given that Morgan will leave when Stewie and Moriah leave...quite the contrary...I suspect she will enroll in grad school and she will play her last year of eligibility. The only current player in WCBB that I believe will forgo her last year o eligibility is Diamond Deshields. I believe this because she will realize that she has more to gain by going to the "W" than staying for her last year of eligibility at Tennessee.
C- I don't think that it's a given- its just feeling I have-

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
If Morgan stays, it truly would become 'her team' as the elder statesman of the team and she would have a fair chance at NPOY. She is great already, but she will be overshadowed by Stewart next year as she is by KML and Stewart this year.

No idea what she will choose, but it seems most WCBB that are starters and have a fifth year available and respect education as well as basketball, do stay for that 5th year.

Reaction Score
Can you please explain. What about her maturity would make you believe she would leave? I think she would want to stay and finish the work she started. Also if we win this year and next year.... she could one up Stewie and win 5 titles... how many people can say that?

Why would she care about "one-upping" Stewie?

And what work are you referring in terms of "finishing the work she started?" Possibly four championships isn't enough?

With her knee issues - and no doubt professional ball has been a lifetime goal with it being so close within her grasp- and there is something that can be said for coming and going out with your friends "that you began your journey with" - and I'm just reminded by the reverence of which someone like Swin Cash speaks of "her sisters" (Williams and Jones) -- so I say she goes.

And as genoista said "I've been known to be wrong before." I don't think I am - but one never knows.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
As I have posted before, It was Nicole Wolff's decision to give up her fifth year, and graduate with her incoming class.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I think a factor in Morgan's decision about whether or not to leave after next year will be the development and performance of Napheesa Collier. By all accounts, their games are very similar. So you might expect Napheesa to be Morgan's heir apparent.

If Morgan thought she could contribute to Napheesa's development by staying another year, that might be an inducement to her to do so. Just as one of the reasons -- reportedly -- why Shea Ralph decided to stay for a fifth year was to help develop one Diana Taurasi.

On the other hand, if Napheesa plays up to her press releases to the point where UConn fans are thinking "Morgan who?", then that might be an inducement for Morgan to leave, so that she doesn't take minutes away from Napheesa.

However one chooses to look at it (particularly if "one" is Morgan), Napheesa's performance next year is likely to be a very significant factor.

But I think Geno will "recruit" her to stay (as he did with Kalana Greene) by pointing out how UConn is such a good life compared to the real world of the WNBA and the foreign winter play that awaits her afterwards. I think that will ultimately result in a decision by Morgan to stay.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
As I have posted before, It was Nicole Wolff's decision to give up her fifth year, and graduate with her incoming class.
She was a great kid, beautiful girl who just could never get in the flow as a starter. I can't remember which season she had the bad injury? That decision probably wasn't too difficult for her.

Reaction Score
She was a great kid, beautiful girl who just could never get in the flow as a starter. I can't remember which season she had the bad injury? That decision probably wasn't too difficult for her.
I seem to remember that she was hurt her freshman year and never fully recovered.

Reaction Score
I think a factor in Morgan's decision about whether or not to leave after next year will be the development and performance of Napheesa Collier. By all accounts, their games are very similar. So you might expect Napheesa to be Morgan's heir apparent.

If Morgan thought she could contribute to Napheesa's development by staying another year, that might be an inducement to her to do so. Just as one of the reasons -- reportedly -- why Shea Ralph decided to stay for a fifth year was to help develop one Diana Taurasi.

On the other hand, if Napheesa plays up to her press releases to the point where UConn fans are thinking "Morgan who?", then that might be an inducement for Morgan to leave, so that she doesn't take minutes away from Napheesa.

However one chooses to look at it (particularly if "one" is Morgan), Napheesa's performance next year is likely to be a very significant factor.

But I think Geno will "recruit" her to stay (as he did with Kalana Greene) by pointing out how UConn is such a good life compared to the real world of the WNBA and the foreign winter play that awaits her afterwards. I think that will ultimately result in a decision by Morgan to stay.

I guess this is why we differ as to whether she'll stay or not. There isn't one point that you made that I agree with. That's fine. I've been wrong a million times before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom