Stewart-Walton | The Boneyard

Stewart-Walton

Status
Not open for further replies.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
For the younger guys who never saw the loquacious Bill Walton play basketball in college, think about the way Breana Stewart played the second half tonight when she played a one woman zone and dominated the entire defensive end of the court(also offensive end) so that the other team couldn't even get a shot off. Bill Walton did that for 88 straight games for UCLA. He was the greatest college basketball player ever.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Amazing game Breanna had. That first half might have been the best offensive half in women's basketball. And all the more praise for Geno making the adjustments to take them from down 1 at halftime to a 21 pt win.

Reaction Score
comparing any woman to Walton.

smith.jpg

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Really? I wouldn't be surprised if next season, Walton was a woman.

Reaction Score
is Stewie the greatest women's Husky ever?
I always said Turasi was but Stewie is sure making a strong case for herself.
Turasi #1
Moore #2
Stewie #3
Lobo #4
Bird #5

If Stewie win this year.
she's the new #1.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
is Stewie the greatest women's Husky ever?
I always said Turasi was but Stewie is sure making a strong case for herself.
Turasi #1
Moore #2
Stewie #3
Lobo #4
Bird #5

If Stewie win this year.
she's the new #1.

Good question. I think I'm still partial to DT. She was so clutch. But Stewie is #2 in my book. So many stars, but I like your top 5.

Reaction Score
Stewie's got to win four to even be in the discussion, IMO. What Taurasi did her final two seasons is remarkable. She had significantly less talent around her, and with the exception of Stewart's freshman season, had to play against a lot tougher competition..(and Stewart still had a lot of talent.)

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
#wrongboard
Exactly... Never ventured there, but I seem to remember there's a board called womens basketball on the boneyard.... In case you weren't aware

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Right, to many women's team threads nowadays. Go lady huskies but we have a board for the women.

Reaction Score
Right, to many women's team threads nowadays. Go lady huskies but we have a board for the women.

It will die down once their season is over. Right now talking about actual basketball should be preferred over talking about theoretical basketball.

(And no offense to those who frequent the WBB board, but it is a different population of folks over there for the most part, and I'd rather see what this group has to say about the WBB team here and there)

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
It will die down once their season is over. Right now talking about actual basketball should be preferred over talking about theoretical basketball.

(And no offense to those who frequent the WBB board, but it is a different population of folks over there for the most part, and I'd rather see what this group has to say about the WBB team here and there)
You are correct, I also like to read some of the different opinions of people here. But there's been so many I've gotten a little tired of it. But yeah it won't be for much longer

Reaction Score
For the younger guys who never saw the loquacious Bill Walton play basketball in college, think about the way Breana Stewart played the second half tonight when she played a one woman zone and dominated the entire defensive end of the court(also offensive end) so that the other team couldn't even get a shot off. Bill Walton did that for 88 straight games for UCLA. He was the greatest college basketball player ever.

A Mr. Abdul-Jabbar is on line 1 for you....says it's urgent.

Uconnrick

Twisted, but still lovable.
Reaction Score
A Mr. Abdul-Jabbar is on line 1 for you....says it's urgent.
I think the problem is that Walton played when most of his games were televised and able to be seen nationally. I think I saw Alcindor/Abdul-Jabbar on TV perhaps 5 or 6 times. I remember the Houston game like it was yesterday.

I still have to give it to Walton as the best, he was more active and covered more ground than anyone I've ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom