Steve Levin and St. Johns part ways | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Steve Levin and St. Johns part ways

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
Who is Steve Levin?

Actually I just realized I didn't write the title of this thread. Someone changed it on me and made me look stupid! I demand Justice!

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
St. John's. There is no patron saint of restrooms. At least not that I know of.

Reaction Score
Is it just me, or does anyone else think St. John's will go through another coaching search in 5 years if they hire Mullin?

@GoodmanESPN: The early word is that St. John's will make a run at Chris Mullin, sources told ESPN.
I've always said that Mark Jackson should be their coach. Not sure why that has never happened or been pursued.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Hope UConn was one of them

@jeffborzello: Brandon Sampson's high school coach told ESPN that at least 10 schools have already reached out regarding Sampson.

That's three more schools than originally offered him. Four if you eliminate SJU.

I think our gameplan should be identifying those recruits where UConn was clearly the 2nd or 3rd choice and conspire to get those coaches fired.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I don't think St. John's has any actual interest in Chris Mullen - that sort of sounds like the kind of thing here where we propose a former player every time a position opens.

What they need is an adult - a Larranag/Beilein-type who knows how to build and run a program.

But that's not their way - they're hire something shiny and be looking again in four years.

Reaction Score
The idea of bringing in a guy who has never coached, and who played so long ago, that today's high school kids don't even remember him in the NBA, would strictly be a move to make 50 year old alums happy. Would make as much sense as DePaul hiring Mark Aguirre.

Reaction Score
I think Mark Jackson would be a reasonable choice, but he's coached (and won) NBA playoff games.

Reaction Score
“@MettaWorldPeace: I would absolutely coach at St.Johns if presented with that opportunity.
Go St.Johns”

Last edited:
Reaction Score
untitled (4).png
We should try to get his wife as an assistant coach. Wouldn't mind seeing her on our staff.

Reaction Score
OK so artest needs to coach at st johns and the team shoe should be his panda signature line. actually i'm not sure that would really work he is in italy playing professionally

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom