Steve Enoch | The Boneyard

Steve Enoch

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
850x478

Kid's got some guns...

Sorry nothing more profound than that....

Reaction Score
He's not going to be a Stone-esque bruiser, but that's a developed big's body. If he gets his footwork right, he could be a major contributor for us off the bench this year.

Reaction Score
I will be interesting to see how quick his feet are for a big. If he can guard at all and understand some help D he cold very well see more minutes than we expect. Ways to go but we'll see. Have to give him credit for working hard though because those aren't the same arms he had in HS.

Reaction Score
Wow. Talk about a kid growing into his body. He looked like a boy when UCONN was first linked to his recruitment. Those are man guns right there.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
..and not foul like crazy.
Meh, we've got 15 fouls to spread around at center this year. I've got no problem if Enoch spends his 5 at a higher rate than usual.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
He's not going to be a Stone-esque bruiser, but that's a developed big's body. If he gets his footwork right, he could be a major contributor for us off the bench this year.

And he's young as hell. Kid is going to fill out in a big way.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Meh, we've got 15 fouls to spread around at center this year. I've got no problem if Enoch spends his 5 at a higher rate than usual.

As long as it's not Brimah, I'm cool with it too.

Reaction Score
Kid is young for his grade and wasn't even playing varsity as a freshman in high school. He already looks much bigger from a year ago and with his hard working nature we might have a beast on our hands down the road and someone who can significantly contribute right away. His background picture on his Twitter page shows how big he is, it's a picture of him with his shirt off and his back looks pretty huge.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score

Nope.
Don't need him developing bad habits in that regard, because if he's any good, his minutes will become a lot more valuable the minute Mr. Brimah declares for the draft.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Nope.
Don't need him developing bad habits in that regard, because if he's any good, his minutes will become a lot more valuable the minute Mr. Brimah declares for the draft.
Meh. Passivity is a much worse habit than hack-i-tude. If he misses a rotation - and spoiler alert, but all freshmen miss rotations every now and then - and gets to the rim late, I'd rather he clobber the guy and make him hit the free throws than give up a lay-up because he may need to play 25 minutes a game next year.

I'm not advocating for stupid reach fouls like Brimah (hopefully no longer) commits. But I definitely want Enoch to play old Big East-style, close-to-the-edge-but-not-quite-over-it physical defense on the block and at the rim. If that means he averages a foul every 4 minutes, I am 100% fine with that.

Reaction Score
Representing the #13 for UConn. He better have big shoulders.

Wait, is "huskies of honor" not retired numbers? I thought that Shabazz got that Kemba Walker "amazing championship run leader" instant gratification

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Wait, is "huskies of honor" not retired numbers? I thought that Shabazz got that Kemba Walker "amazing championship run leader" instant gratification

Not enough numbers to go around. NCAA MCBB only allows certain numbers to be used

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Not enough numbers to go around. NCAA MCBB only allows certain numbers to be used
Ref has to be able to show number with fingers of two hands. So 0~5, 10~15, 20~25, etc, up to 55.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
There is certainly this but I'd like to see him start straight away playing smart and not reckless.

Kid was strong last season. But in the three games I watched he'd get lackadaisical at times particularly on defense. He got pulled a lot by his coach for it. But when he motors he is fast and can be very aggressive. I think KO will be a great coach for this kid. I think JC would eat him alive.

Reaction Score
Ref has to be able to show number with fingers of two hands. So 0~5, 10~15, 20~25, etc, up to 55.
Sure, and a few too many refs can't count past 5. No need to make excuses for the inept. ;)

C

Chief00

I like Enoch work ethic - quite frankly - I think he will be a good combination of hard work and meaningful development. What I like about him is he is self motivated - he wants real badly to improve and will pay the price. Whats so nice is Steve has that recognition at a young age. I feel bad for kids that realize it too late - Enoch understands the importance of preparation. some guys figure that out way too late!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom