"Steve Addazio and the Eagles will have to play what amounts to a road game today" | Page 4 | The Boneyard

"Steve Addazio and the Eagles will have to play what amounts to a road game today"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
This thread is a discussion on BC fan attendance on a game I was at.. It interests me. Why does your pic in your avatar have a clown's long neck ?

Pompous doochebag. Go talk to your other preppy friends about how great your f@hcking hockey program is.
We don't want your kind around here. Don't they teach manners at BCU?

Reaction Score
Pompous doochebag. Go talk to your other preppy friends about how great your f@hcking hockey program is.
We don't want your kind around here. Don't they teach manners at BCU?
Oh my... you come out of woodwork, don't respond to me in a civil manner, then immediately initiate profanity laced obscenities as your first entre to me ( a poster thats been a board member here longer than you, incidentally )... and then you inquire of me of where I learned MY " manners " ? Thats certainly an interesting twist, imo. Look,.. you seem like an uncivilized person with this vitriol to me, so just do yourself ( and me ) a favor newbie, and ignore anything I post on here from now on. This helpful suggestion should work rather well for both of us now moving forward.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It's a known fact that BC doesn't travel well. The worst example I seen was back in 2007 at The Hartford Hall of Fame Showcase Basketball Tournament in Boston at TD Garden. UConn vs Gonzaga and BC vs Providence. I say the Garden was half filled with UConn fans. The BC section was near empty and the campus is only 7 miles away from the Garden.
It was a real embarrassment for the school.

Boston-College-Student-Section.jpg

Student Section at most BC basketball games :)

Reaction Score
It's a known fact that BC doesn't travel well.

View attachment 8024

:)

Its to the point of a broken record as a matter of fact. Most small, private Universities with students from around the Globe, don't have the following of large publics.... I think this is new news here to anyone ( or shouldn't be ). Anybody catch the Orange Bowl on TV last nite ?. The stadium had thousands of empty seats. Georgia Tech was one of the teams in the game. Its a terrific school, with a good football team this season that routed the SEC's Miss. State. But GT is a small private, and located in Atlanta, where the Pro teams rule. Public Schools located in essentially fly over country, where Pro franchises arn't interested in their states, or locales, generally have lots of fans that by neccessity gravite to following the college amateur sports team in their region. This is why Alabama for example loves their college football there. Football is big in the south, and Alabama doesn't have Pro franchises interested in the state. Same with all the 2014 Final Four schools... Columbus, Ohio,... Tallahassee, Florida,.... Eugene, Oregon,... Tuscaloosa, Ala. They are all located in regions with large college amateur sports fan followings... where pro franchises eseentially arn't interested in their cities.

BC had more football fans at their homes games this season than Uconn did. But just imagine if Bob Kraft had moved his New England Patriots out of Massachusetts and into Hartford, CT, ( as he did for about a month ). Uconn football, especially this season, would have lost even more fans than they did. But this would be true just about anywhere a school... especially a small, private, Catholic one like BC..... has competition from a pro teams as well as other Pro sports franchises. This is no revelation to anyone.. or shouldn't be, imo.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Its to the point of a broken record as a matter of fact. Most small, private Universities with students from around the Globe, don't have the following of large publics.... I think this is new news here to anyone ( or shouldn't be ). Anybody catch the Orange Bowl on TV last nite ?. The stadium had thousands of empty seats. Georgia Tech was one of the teams in the game. Its a terrific school. But its a small private, and located in Atlanta, where the Pro teams rule. Public Schools located in essentially fly over country, where Pro franchises arn't interested in their states, or locales, generally have lots of fans that by neccessity gravite to following the college amateur sports team in their region. This is why Alabama for example loves their college football there. Football is big in the south, and Alabama doesn't have Pro franchises interested in the state. Same with all the 2014 Final Four schools... Columbus, Ohio,... Tallahassee, Florida,.... Eugene, Oregon,... Tuscaloosa, Ala. They are all located in regions with large college amateur sports fan followings... where pro franchises eseentially arn't interested in their cities.

BC had more football fans at their homes games this season than Uconn did. But just imagine if Bob Kraft had moved his New England Patriots out of Massachusetts and into Hartford, CT, ( as he did for about a month ). Uconn football, especially this season, would have lost even more fans than they did. But this would be true just about anywhere a school... especially a small, private, Catholic one like BC..... has competition from a pro teams as well as other Pro sports franchises. This is no revelation to anyone.. or shouldn't be, imo.

So you're just going to gloss over the fact that BC went to a bowl game this year, and UCONN only won 2 games, to justify your "broken record" talking point? That's what you're hanging your hat on? Really?

Reaction Score
Just to let my fellow Boneyards know that Yawkey Way is really A.K.A New London Day Mike Dimauro

Reaction Score
So you're just going to gloss over the fact that BC went to a bowl game this year, and UCONN only won 2 games, to justify your "broken record" talking point? That's what you're hanging your hat on? Really?
No.. because such an interpretation,... either intentional or unintentional...would be a complete misreading of my remarks to conclude this from what I have posted on this thread. Such a misread and misinterpretation of my remarks would be regrettable for you ( and me ). So, no, this is not at all what I said here. As a matter of fact, I never mentioned anything at all regarding wins and losses... of either BC or Uconn ...on here. YOU did ( for whatever reason ) and the wins and losses you just brought up have not a thing to do with small privates in pro towns and large publics without pro competition in their locales. Heck, I even mentioned on this thread that when Miami Hurricanes were winning all their titles ( or competing for them ) they hardly even sold out their home games. So as you can see, my remarks above have little at all to do with YOUR bringing up the fact of wins and losses this year for BC, and for Uconn..., or wins and losses of ANY school having much at all to do with my remarks and central points raised here on this thread.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
No.. because such an interpretation,... either intentional or unintentional...would be a complete misreading of my remarks to conclude this from what I have posted on this thread. Such a misread and misinterpretation of my remarks would be regrettable for you ( and me ). So, no, this is not at all what I said here. As a matter of fact, I never mentioned anything at all regarding wins and losses... of either BC or Uconn ...on here. YOU did ( for whatever reason ) and the wins and losses you just brought up have not a thing to do with small privates in pro towns and large publics without pro competition in their locales.

I brought up wins and losses between UCONN/BC, because you're continually harping on BC's "superior" football attendance this year. Which, as I pointed out, is because BC went to a bowl game and UCONN had 2 wins. So I ask again, are you really going to gloss over that fact to justify your "broken record" talking point?

Reaction Score
Just to let my fellow Boneyards know that Yawkey Way is really A.K.A New London Day Mike Dimauro

No. I don't even know who you are referring too, although I do have family connections to the school of Uconn, as well as to family in Connecticut, and so thats why I read mostly ( and occasionally post ) on here. That said, I won't be explaining anymore in the future as to my occasional posts on here to the curious, as noone else has to explain themselves here, and furthermore, my explaining now as to my interest has become a broken record during the last year by now anyway.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I brought up wins and losses between UCONN/BC, because you're continually harping on BC's "superior" football attendance this year. Which, as I pointed out, is because BC went to a bowl game and UCONN had 2 wins. So I ask again, are you really going to gloss over that fact to justify your "broken record" talking point?

Miami has won National Titles in College Football. Georgia Tech has won national Titles in College Football. In these years where these small privates won their national titles they averaged less than half of what the attendance was this year for the large public, bowl less, 5-7 losing record, Univ. Michigan. YOU brought up the won losses record in an attempt to make wins and losses the determining factor in college football attendance and the size of their fanbase. I won't be sidetracked by this distraction, as attendance and fan followings are mostly a function of each schools individual fluctuations in their own wins and losses. For example, the Miami Hurricanes could win every football game for the next 5 years, and they still would not come close to what a losing record Miami Dolphins will draw in attendance during that span.. THATS my central point here on " attendance " that it appears that you are missing in my remarks above.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
No. I don't even know who you are referring too, although I do have family connections to the school of Uconn, as well as to family in Connecticut, and so thats why I read mostly ( and occasionally post ) on here. That said, I won't be explaining anymore in the future as to my occasional posts on here to the curious, as noone else has to explain themselves here, and furthermore, my explaining now as to my interest has become a broken record during the last year by now anyway.

OK Mike

Reaction Score
FYI - Georgia Tech is a public university with about 14K undergrads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom