"Steve Addazio and the Eagles will have to play what amounts to a road game today" | Page 3 | The Boneyard

"Steve Addazio and the Eagles will have to play what amounts to a road game today"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Does anyone at BC ever get a job? I mean, who has time to post that much drivel?

I'm only half kidding.
What if they're retired, or independently wealthy, or a combination of both ? I'm only half kidding as well though ( haha!)

Reaction Score
At this rate BC will have brought 23k fans before 2014 comes to an end.
I think its more likely the " 16.000- 18,000 " that a Uconn poster says on this very thread brought to Yankees Stadium for the Army game will escalate to 27,000 Uconn fans for the game ( which was the official announced attendance for the game). Army brought a little over 5,000 Student Cadets in uniform to that game. Nobody outside of this site believes then that Army brought less than 4,000 football fans to Yankees stadium for that game in NYC. That would be your best example of fan attendance hyperbole on display on this thread, my friend.

Reaction Score
I think its more likely the " 16.000- 18,000 " that a Uconn poster says on this very thread brought to Yankees Stadium for the Army game will escalate to 27,000 Uconn fans for the game ( which was the official announced attendance for the game). Army brought a little over 5,000 Student Cadets in uniform to that game. Nobody outside of this site believes then that Army brought less than 4,000 football fans to Yankees stadium for that game in NYC. Thats your fuzzy math on display on this thread, my friend.

The difference between BCU and UConn is that UConn is actually relevant in collegiate sports.

Reaction Score
The difference between BCU and UConn is that UConn is actually relevant in collegiate sports.
Uconn is a Basketball school. One of the nation's elites in College Basketball. Football ? They are an Andy Warhol 30 seconds of former fame New England College Football program, if we're honest about it here. Will they get more than their 30 seconds of future College Football Fame, and become relevant once again... and for longer than they were before ?. Sure. Why not ?. But only time will tell if their current wet behind the ears young Head Coach can do more than jump up and down on the sidelines. Even most Uconn football fans would agree with this assessment it would seem to me

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Yawkey Way said:
I think its more likely the " 16.000- 18,000 " that a Uconn poster says on this very thread brought to Yankees Stadium for the Army game will escalate to 27,000 Uconn fans for the game ( which was the official announced attendance for the game). Army brought a little over 5,000 Student Cadets in uniform to that game. Nobody outside of this site believes then that Army brought less than 4,000 football fans to Yankees stadium for that game in NYC. That would be your best example of fan attendance hyperbole on display on this thread, my friend.

There are not 5000 seats in the LF Bleachers, unless the cadets were sitting on each others laps, you don't now what you are talking about. And I'd put the other Army fans at around 4 they occupied the BC area and didn't come close to filling the same space.

As anyone who went with a group could tell you, buses were in short supply that day. I know may group had to scramble to find a replacement when out original bus backed out. So continue to delude yourself, or not, because no one believes a word you say.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Now the # of BC fans at the game is up to 15K?? That's truly hilarious. Unless BC fans were sitting on each other's laps (and piling up 3 or 4 high per seat!), there was not even close to 15K BC fans in attendance. But I guess we have to accept this new inflated number because one BC nitwit "was at the game" and his "best friend's uncles's wife said no less than 15K". Even by BC troll standards, that's rich. No. 5-10K tops. If you want to use an estimate on the higher end of that range, fine. But not a single Eagle fan more than 10K.

As for the UCONN vs Army game and my 16-18K proclamation that you dispute:

Total attendance - just over 27K

As most fans know, the number of bleacher seats in the old Yankee Stadium was around 7500. They cut that number in half in favor of adding about 2K standing room areas. So, there are only a TOTAL of about 3500-4000 bleacher seats in the new Yankee Stadium. If you glance at the below picture posted by another Yarder in attendance, you will see that the cadets make up half of the bleachers (the left field bleachers) as well as 2 sections in the 2nd level. Total cadets: 2-3K (not 5K as they normally produce for games in West Point).

2jb5xsz.jpg

That leaves about 24-25K unaccounted for. With the crowd split of roughly 60/40 in favor of UCONN, that puts the estimated number of fans around:
60% of 24K = 14,440
60% of 25K = 15K

A little less than 16-18K obviously, which may be overly ambitious. The more conservative estimate of 15K is more likely closer to number of UCONN fans that were actually in attendance. However, that conservative 15K estimate still dwarfs the ambitious estimated number (any # over 10K) of BC fans that made it to the same venue against a quality opponent for a bowl game. And UCONN fans did that in the middle of yet another horrendous 2-win campaign and playing against a non-quality (although I have the utmost respect for the cadets, the football team is lousy...better than we were last year though!) opponent.

So yes, UCONN drew more fans to a horrendous game against Army amidst another horrendous season than BC drew for a bowl game against a quality opponent. If you want to continue to dispute this, then that's your call (and your sanity!). There is NO question that UCONN would have brought more fans to the bowl game than BC this year. We already did.

I think the better debate is whether or not BC outdrew UCONN basketball at the IZOD. Total attendance there was close to 17K with a crowd split of about 50/50, putting UCONN's estimate around 8-9K (depending on how conservative/ambitious your estimates are) for a weeknight regular season basketball game played at a venue MUCH more difficult to get to.

Last edited:

Dooley

Reaction Score
There are not 5000 seats in the LF Bleachers, unless the cadets were sitting on each others laps, you don't now what you are talking about. And I'd put the other Army fans at around 4 they occupied the BC area and didn't come close to filling the same space.

As anyone who went with a group could tell you, buses were in short supply that day. I know may group had to scramble to find a replacement when out original bus backed out. So continue to delude yourself, or not, because no one believes a word you say.

Ha! I think we were typing the same thing at the same time.

Reaction Score
Now the # of BC fans at the game is up to 15K?? That's truly hilarious. Unless BC fans were sitting on each other's laps (and piling up 3 or 4 high per seat!), there was not even close to 15K BC fans in attendance. But I guess we have to accept this new inflated number because one BC nitwit "was at the game" and his "best friend's uncles's wife said no less than 15K". Even by BC troll standards, that's rich. No. 5-10K tops. If you want to use an estimate on the higher end of that range, fine. But not a single Eagle fan more than 10K.

As for the UCONN vs Army game and my 16-18K proclamation that you dispute:

Total attendance - just over 27K

As most fans know, the number of bleacher seats in the old Yankee Stadium was around 7500. They cut that number in half in favor of adding about 2K standing room areas. So, there are only a TOTAL of about 3500-4000 bleacher seats in the new Yankee Stadium. If you glance at the below picture posted by another Yarder in attendance, you will see that the cadets make up half of the bleachers (the left field bleachers) as well as 2 sections in the 2nd level. Total cadets: 2-3K (not 5K as they normally produce for games in West Point).

2jb5xsz.jpg

That leaves about 24-25K unaccounted for. With the crowd split of roughly 60/40 in favor of UCONN, that puts the estimated number of fans around:
60% of 24K = 14,440
60% of 25K = 15K

A little less than 16-18K obviously, which may be overly ambitious. The more conservative estimate of 15K is more likely closer to number of UCONN fans that were actually in attendance. However, that conservative 15K estimate still dwarfs the ambitious estimated number (any # over 10K) of BC fans that made it to the same venue against a quality opponent for a bowl game. And UCONN fans did that in the middle of yet another horrendous 2-win campaign and playing against a non-quality (although I have the utmost respect for the cadets, the football team is lousy...better than we were last year though!) opponent.

So yes, UCONN drew more fans to a horrendous game against Army amidst another horrendous season than BC drew for a bowl game against a quality opponent. If you want to continue to dispute this, then that's your call (and your sanity!). There is NO question that UCONN would have brought more fans to the bowl game than BC this year. We already did.

I think the better debate is whether or not BC outdrew UCONN basketball at the IZOD. Total attendance there was close to 17K with a crowd split of about 50/50, putting UCONN's estimate around 8-9K (depending on how conservative/ambitious your estimates are) for a weeknight regular season basketball game played at a venue MUCH more difficult to get to.
ESPN called it a UConn crowd.
Could be we were just louder or maybe there were more of us.

Reaction Score
Uconn is a Basketball school. One of the nation's elites in College Basketball. Football ? They are an Andy Warhol 30 seconds of former fame New England College Football program, if we're honest about it here. Will they get more than their 30 seconds of future College Football Fame, and become relevant once again... and for longer than they were before ?. Sure. Why not ?. But only time will tell if their current wet behind the ears young Head Coach can do more than jump up and down on the sidelines. Even most Uconn football fans would agree with this assessment it would seem to me

Here's the thing. BC is a hockey school and UCONN will make a full run at being a national power there as well. It's what UCONN does - win championships.

There are two reason's BC has a slight advantage right now over UCONN in football. BC has been at it longer and conference affiliation. Recent history has shown that even with a disadvantaged conference affiliation (old BE vs ACC), UCONN could compete on a level equal to and above that of BC. Were it not for a disaster of a hire in P, UCONN might very well be performing at a level equal to or above that of BC. Although that is clearly not the case now and I think the Adazio hire was a very good one.

Mark my words on this. UCONN will eventually end up in either the ACC or BiG. When that happens it will only be a matter of time before UCONN football will look much like UCONN basketball in relation to our friends on Chestnut Hill. BC will have to compete with UCONN on a level playing field and that has never worked out well for BC.

Reaction Score

You truncated the rest because you know it's true. Because it's always been that way.

If we were not sucking hind t*t right now with conference affiliation and a bad coaching hire you would not be on this board right now. Frankly, it's really poor form. But, hey man, carry on....

Happy new year......

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
ESPN called it a UConn crowd.
Could be we were just louder or maybe there were more of us.

I was at the Izod, too. (Damn I get around) the school tickets were split evenly to both schools but the arena's tickets went mostly to UConn people. 60/40 is conservative. I think it was 66/33.

Reaction Score
I was at the Izod, too. (Damn I get around) the school tickets were split evenly to both schools but the arena's tickets went mostly to UConn people. 60/40 is conservative. I think it was 66/33.

I was there, too. Would call it 50% UConn v. 40% Duke with 10% neutral (the guy I went falls into this category, went to U Colorado and just wanted to see a good college game). That said, UConn fans were way louder (and younger, which helps the loud issue, too) and thus it felt like a UConn crowd.

Reaction Score
There are two reason's BC has a slight advantage right now over UCONN in football. .

" Slight advantage " ?

You are talking now about the average numbers of football fans that go to home games " right now ", correct ? ( 2014 :Uconn, 27,461.... BC 34,270 ). BC does have a slight advantage in home game average attendance right now. This is correct. Uconn is a much bigger school, with lots more Alums, with no pro team competition nearby. So the fact that Uconn is close in home game ave. attendance right now compared to BC is not all that surprising to me.

Reaction Score
Dooley is that a pic I posted already?? If not we were sitting literally right next to each other.

Dooley

Reaction Score
Dooley is that a pic I posted already?? If not we were sitting literally right next to each other.

Yeah, I took it from the UCONN/Army "post your pics" thread. I couldn't remember who posted it though so I couldn't make the proper credits in the captioning.

I was here...

image-jpg.7437

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member