"Steve Addazio and the Eagles will have to play what amounts to a road game today" | The Boneyard

"Steve Addazio and the Eagles will have to play what amounts to a road game today"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
There can't be more than 5k BC fans there. There is no question that UCONN had more fans in our game against Army than BC brought with them for this game.

That begs the question: if BC sold out its allotment of tickets, who did they sell them to??? It sure doesn't appear to be anyone wearing maroon and gold.

Reaction Score
Is this played at Beaver Stadium or Yankee Stadium? Sounds like it is being played at Penn State. The announcer said "it sounds like Happy Valley east."

Dooley

Reaction Score
I've been waiting to hear ANY crowd noise for BC. There was just some on that 3rd and 10 before PSU called timeout. Some. Like about the amount of noise you'd hear when the Phillies scored a run against the Yankees in the 2009 World Series.

Reaction Score
I've been waiting to hear ANY crowd noise for BC. There was just some on that 3rd and 10 before PSU called timeout. Some. Like about the amount of noise you'd hear when the Phillies scored a run against the Yankees in the 2009 World Series.

You knew the players' family members would get into it at some point.

Reaction Score
Is this the most embarrassing bowl attendance by a northeast team in history? I mean, has BC ever played a bowl closer to home than this? Uconn Probably sent twice as many fans to watch our unranked bball team play duke in NJ on a weeknight. We sent at least 3-4 as many fans to Yankee stadium to watch two 2-6 teams play.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Dooley said:
There can't be more than 5k BC fans there. There is no question that UCONN had more fans in our game against Army than BC brought with them for this game.

That begs the question: if BC sold out its allotment of tickets, who did they sell them to??? It sure doesn't appear to be anyone wearing maroon and gold.

Allotment was about 8k. There's about that many and not one more. BC has a about a dozen sections in Left field. PSU has the rest.

Dooley

Reaction Score
Is this the most embarrassing bowl attendance by a northeast team in history? I mean, has BC ever played a bowl closer to home than this? Uconn Probably sent twice as many fans to watch our unranked bball team play duke in NJ on a weeknight. We sent at least 3-4 as many fans to Yankee stadium to watch two 2-6 teams play.

Better comparison: UCONN had at least 2x as many fans for a very meaningless game against Army (two horrible 2-win teams) in late November.

Dooley

Reaction Score
I'll give BC credit. Playing a true road game and playing tough. PSU kicking themselves in the foot countless times but BC, so far, has taken advantage of PSU mistakes and they don't have the benefit of any crowd support to help them.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Shakim Phillips having a good game.

Reaction Score
I didn't know where to post this but I found it too funny not to share. Where is our man who was saying BC would be well-represented?

LOL. That guy was a trip. He claimed BC probably would compose 39% of the crowd. They were closer to 39 total fans than 39% of the total crowd. Keep trying Charlie Brown, someday you might actually kick that football.

Reaction Score
I'll give BC credit. Playing a true road game and playing tough. PSU kicking themselves in the foot countless times but BC, so far, has taken advantage of PSU mistakes and they don't have the benefit of any crowd support to help them.

PSU is not very good. They have a good QB and a couple holdovers. That's it. In fact, they have less than 45 scholarship players.

OL is awful, the RBs are worse than bad. LBs and DBs the same.

PSU is essentially one QB, one LB, a good DL, 2 good WRs, and 3 good TEs.

They showed pretty well today. But they spent much of the year getting kicked around by the bottom of the B1G.

Reaction Score
PSU is not very good. They have a good QB and a couple holdovers. That's it. In fact, they have less than 45 scholarship players.

OL is awful, the RBs are worse than bad. LBs and DBs the same.

PSU is essentially one QB, one LB, a good DL, 2 good WRs, and 3 good TEs.

They showed pretty well today. But they spent much of the year getting kicked around by the bottom of the B1G.
This is true and that was to be expected. Penn ST. was crippled with scholarship losses. To go out and win a bowl game to me is amazing. Give Franklin 5 years and see where Penn ST is . I think they will be there with Ohio St. competing for the B1g championship.

Reaction Score
I texted a buddy of mine who was there with his brother, a PSU alum. I asked about the turnout. His exact reply:

"So lopsided. Like 8-1 PSU."

Reaction Score
Who would have thought 2 years ago that an entire state outside of pennsylvania would be rooting for PSU again.

Suck it Eagles. Your hoops suck, your football has hit its ceiling, and we are 1-0 against you in hockey since Coach Cavanaugh started kicking a..

And it's just gonna get worse

Dooley

Reaction Score
Hate to be that guy, but they were in a bowl game. I can't take a whole a lot of pleasure in mocking their fans.

After a week of hearing from the BC 78 internet police about how both schools would be well represented, I do take a little bit of pleasure. BC sold out their ticket allotment (to Penn State fans)! Congratulations on continuing being nothing more than the irrelevant program/school they've always been outside if the 3 block radius that circles their campus.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
If BC's athletic department shuttered its doors tomorrow, I don't think anyone in the world would even blink.

Reaction Score
Hate to be that guy, but they were in a bowl game. I can't take a whole a lot of pleasure in mocking their fans.

Oh definitely. I would much rather we had gone 7-6 and had 158 fans show up to see us play in a bowl than have gone 2-10 and had 30,000 of our fans boo some other team that was playing in a bowl.

But, we have to play the hand we've been dealt, I guess.

Reaction Score
I was at the game. BC fans were outnumbered, but they still had a very strong turnout. BC sold out its entire 10K ticket allotment and virtually all of those went to BC fans because they were only sold to season ticket holders and athletic department donors. The majority of the rest of the stadium was filled with Penn State fans, but that shouldn't surprise anyone. Penn State has about 630,000 alums and BC has 170,000. It's a much larger school. I'd say it was about 3-1 Penn State fans to BC fans at the game, if not closer to 2-1. The number of BC fans there may have been obscured by the fact that the PSU fans were disproportionately louder than the BC fans because, well, they're just better fans in general.

Reaction Score
Surprised more people didn't want to see a second rate bowl game in a baseball stadium in late December.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom