Sterling Gibbs Makes Amends (Amore) | The Boneyard

Sterling Gibbs Makes Amends (Amore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eskapeesto

The specter of ExtraPesto is haunting the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Talks about how he learned from the Arcidiacono incident and has matured:
http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn...sider-sterling-gibbs-0703-20150702-story.html

Perhaps his most important task in this area will be working with freshman Jalen Adams. Had UConn not landed Gibbs, Adams would have had enormous pressure on him, having to follow in the Walker-Shabazz Napier-Ryan Boatright line alone, and right away. Now, Adams can grow into the role with Gibbs as a mentor — a role that seems much more in line with who he is.

"Jalen's talented, really talented," Gibbs said. "He's gifted, with a lot of God-given ability. He's able to jump, he has size, strength, he's just coming in with those things and just building off that. The sky's the limit for him. He's going to play a big role in our team. I think about all the things I know now that I wish I knew when I came in as a freshman at Texas. We were all freshman We were just learning on the fly, we didn't have that big brother figure to look to. I really just want to pass all that knowledge on to him and have him be the best player possible."

Reaction Score
I had goosebumps reading that article... I am already over summer, give me UConn bball right now!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
One or both of Gibbs and Purvis will be a captain along with Brimah. Great article.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
"He's a great kid," Ollie said, "and he's going to be a great leader for us.

Reaction Score
I wish I didn't have to login to read every article in the Courant.
Try using Chrome browser instead of Internet Explorer. I have to log in when I use IE but when I use Chrome I have no problems viewing the articles on the Courant.

Reaction Score
We need TCF to put together a side-by-side or montage or dual video of the Sellers/Laetner and Gibbs/Archi forearms.

Reaction Score
Talks about how he learned from the Arcidiacono incident and has matured:
http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn...sider-sterling-gibbs-0703-20150702-story.html

Perhaps his most important task in this area will be working with freshman Jalen Adams. Had UConn not landed Gibbs, Adams would have had enormous pressure on him, having to follow in the Walker-Shabazz Napier-Ryan Boatright line alone, and right away. Now, Adams can grow into the role with Gibbs as a mentor — a role that seems much more in line with who he is.

"Jalen's talented, really talented," Gibbs said. "He's gifted, with a lot of God-given ability. He's able to jump, he has size, strength, he's just coming in with those things and just building off that. The sky's the limit for him. He's going to play a big role in our team. I think about all the things I know now that I wish I knew when I came in as a freshman at Texas. We were all freshman We were just learning on the fly, we didn't have that big brother figure to look to. I really just want to pass all that knowledge on to him and have him be the best player possible."

Great read, thanks.

C

Chief00

I have to think Jim Calhoun would love thois kid. 1 on 1 games with his brothers ending in brother type fights. Just the kind of toughness we need. Sure he needs now on a bigger stage to keep a level head - but don't lose that competitive passion - channel it!

Reaction Score
Try using Chrome browser instead of Internet Explorer. I have to log in when I use IE but when I use Chrome I have no problems viewing the articles on the Courant.
Thanks. I'm using Firefox. But if I google the article as suggested above I can access.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom