Stefanie Dolson - Role Model "par excellence" | The Boneyard

Stefanie Dolson - Role Model "par excellence"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
David O'Connor was driving back from an AAU tournament in Fairfield, N.J., on Saturday morning with his daughter, Catie, when he received a text message reminding him about Stefanie Dolson's appearance at Family Farm Ice Cream.

Since Catie, 10, is a big fan of Dolson's, father and daughter made a beeline to the event. About an hour later, there was Catie O'Connor peering around a corner in excitement, watching Dolson sign autographs about 10 feet away.

Soon enough, it was O'Connor's turn to mingle with Dolson and get a basketball autographed, following it up with some ice cream with dad.

"It was over the top to get to meet Stefanie," said Catie O'Connor, a fourth-grader at Goshen Intermediate School. "She was so nice. It was really special, it was awesome. It means the world to me. I really look up to her. I'm very excited."

[LINK] to full article.

Stef is wonderful in SO MANY ways!

I wonder if they named a new ice cream flavor after her. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Another example of how Geno and CD develop great young women!

Reaction Score
What a sweet story about a young UCONN and Steffi fan that made her Bucket list.........

Reaction Score
Okay, it's official. Stef did NOT get an ice cream flavor ...she got her own SUNDAE.

"What's in the sundae? Oh my God, it's so bad for you but so good," Dolson said Monday. "It has a brownie, chocolate ice cream, drizzled with peanut butter and Nutella, sliced bananas, whipped cream and a cherry.

"And they are calling it the 'Big Mama Stef,' of course."

If there is irony in having an ice cream sundae named after you, it's present in Dolson's case because she now represents the manifestation of something far more disciplined in terms of her physical conditioning.

[LINK] to John A's article.

Reaction Score
Okay, it's official. Stef did NOT get an ice cream flavor ...she got her own SUNDAE.

"What's in the sundae? Oh my God, it's so bad for you but so good," Dolson said Monday. "It has a brownie, chocolate ice cream, drizzled with peanut butter and Nutella, sliced bananas, whipped cream and a cherry.

"And they are calling it the 'Big Mama Stef,' of course."

If there is irony in having an ice cream sundae named after you, it's present in Dolson's case because she now represents the manifestation of something far more disciplined in terms of her physical conditioning.

[LINK] to John A's article.
Cannot read link. Have to subscribe to Courant. Is there a way to read article another way?

Reaction Score
Cannot read link. Have to subscribe to Courant. Is there a way to read article another way?
Search "Dolson Still Happy As Big Mama Stef" (which is part of the article title) in Google, and use one of those links. You can usually always find a way in using this method.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
What happened to Stef this off-season? She started out playing with Emma then went to another team.

Reaction Score
What happened to Stef this off-season? She started out playing with Emma then went to another team.
I wondered the same thing. Both Stef and Russian Team Spartek said decision was mutual. I watched a number of games and the coach did not utilize Stef in the right way like Geno did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom