Stef reminds me of Meadowlark Lemmon | The Boneyard

Stef reminds me of Meadowlark Lemmon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
from the Harlem Globetrotters. Meadowlark would play in the middle and pass and fake and shoot and rebound and everything ran through him much like Stef. Give the ball to Stef and watch what she does and watch what she does without the ball to get her team mates open or herself. She does so many things to make her team mates look good. Just think of TLaws open shot yesterday at MSG. Watch what Stef did to get her open. She is really amazing with how she can control so much of what happens during the game. Shes smart and a team leader. Most of all she keeps everybody on the floor relaxed with her smile and jokes. Over the next week when your suffering from UConn WCBB withdrawal watch the games you taped and watch Stef and what she does to help her team mates get open and relaxed. Even when she fouls somebody shes laughing and joking with the refs. She's a big reason why UConns shooting percentage is so high and why our guards usually don't have to many turnovers. She keeps them relaxed.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
from the Harlem Globetrotters. Meadowlark would play in the middle and pass and fake and shoot and rebound and everything ran through him much like Stef. Give the ball to Stef and watch what she does and watch what she does without the ball to get her team mates open or herself. She does so many things to make her team mates look good. Just think of TLaws open shot yesterday at MSG. Watch what Stef did to get her open. She is really amazing with how she can control so much of what happens during the game. Shes smart and a team leader. Most of all she keeps everybody on the floor relaxed with her smile and jokes. Over the next week when your suffering from UConn WCBB withdrawal watch the games you taped and watch Stef and what she does to help her team mates get open and relaxed. Even when she fouls somebody shes laughing and joking with the refs. She's a big reason why UConns shooting percentage is so high and why our guards usually don't have to many turnovers. She keeps them relaxed.

Diana said was one of the smartest basketball players at USA hoops.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score

Tony C- 2013 has been a memorable year. But if someone would have told me 9 months ago that I would have been able to spend a few quality minutes with Tony C, in the restroom, ground level at MSG, Chatting after another great game--- I would have told them they were crazy! I can die a happy man! Thanks for taking the time to chat with the little people-because we have feelings too!

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
This is exactly why Cal was attacking her in the post so hard. Whether she is scoring or not Stef is central to much of the UCONN offense and D. Get her out of the game and you change what UCONN can do. Unfortunately for opponents CT does those things very well, too.

Reaction Score
The mention of Meadowlark Lemon brought back to me a vivid image of the man. Many years ago, while in Los Angeles, he drove up to Marie Callender's restaurant in a bright yellow Rolls Royce, top down, and wearing a 3 pc suit and big brimmed Panama hat all matching the car color. The sight of this huge man with an even bigger smile emerging from the car was unforgettable. Perhaps he liked to be noticed?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I am hoping that the conference season will allow Kiah Stokes to play major minutes and that CD and M work extensively on her game in practice, 'cuz as bravely as we talk we have no knowledge of where A'ja W will go next year. Kiah can be a very good center. Distributor whole different question. We have lived through several years with diminished center capacities in the past and while Geno and Co. compensated it was a nagging worry in certain match ups.

Reaction Score
I am hoping that the conference season will allow Kiah Stokes to play major minutes and that CD and M work extensively on her game in practice, 'cuz as bravely as we talk we have no knowledge of where A'ja W will go next year. Kiah can be a very good center. Distributor whole different question. We have lived through several years with diminished center capacities in the past and while Geno and Co. compensated it was a nagging worry in certain match ups.

It looks like Kiah's minutes this year will depend on how well she practices as well as game situations.

She has the potential to be a great rebounder and shot blocker as well as an inside scorer next year. It will depend very much on her.

Next year the offense will probably not be run through the center because Stef is gone. The likely scenarios are Stewie with either Morgan or Kiah upfront. I am one of the people that doesn't think Wilson is coming to UConn.

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
It looks like Kiah's minutes this year will depend on how well she practices as well as game situations.

She has the potential to be a great rebounder and shot blocker as well as an inside scorer next year. It will depend very much on her.

Next year the offense will probably not be run through the center because Stef is gone. The likely scenarios are Stewie with either Morgan or Kiah upfront. I am one of the people that doesn't think Wilson is coming to UConn.
If she doesn't come here, Kiah next year, and Morgan for the next two years will have to become Steph. Morgan is a cool customer with the ball in her hands, can drain a three, and take you off the dribble. Morgan can stop the bleeding IMO while breaking in a new back up freshman post her Sr year, if Aja "goes south". A part of me would look forward to the dynamics of the new team & committed recruits without Aja and the perception that we win with every best player in the world.

Reaction Score
If she doesn't come here, Kiah next year, and Morgan for the next two years will have to become Steph. Morgan is a cool customer with the ball in her hands, can drain a three, and take you off the dribble. Morgan can stop the bleeding IMO while breaking in a new back up freshman post her Sr year, if Aja "goes south". A part of me would look forward to the dynamics of the new team & committed recruits without Aja and the perception that we win with every best player in the world.
I don't think that Kiah can be Dolson as her strengths are different. She sure can be top flight Center (Top 3 IMO) as she is an amazing rebounder and shot blocker. The one probably closest to Dolson is Tuck who is a very good passer!

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
Dtbttb-I don't think either one can be Steph Dolson. But I do think if healthy,we will be thin up front, but have enough talent, experience and defense to win without Steph and Aja! With 3 new athletic, fast and excellent ball handlers, and Ekmark, and the speed and athleticism that we have returning, we are in great shape next year. It would be nice luxury to have a freshman gaining experience in 2014 for 2015 and 2016! Tuck is the one that gives us the outside threat Andes shaping up to be a facilitator on offense!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom