statutes immortalizing Calhoun and Auriemma | Page 2 | The Boneyard

statutes immortalizing Calhoun and Auriemma

Status
Not open for further replies.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
A giant JC Statue, legs spanning the road where the opponents bus arrives so they pass between his legs. It should have a "fountain" feature spraying down.

Reaction Score
We need a statue of Calhoun on a horse so when people come to Gampel they think, what --- is Calhoun doing on a horse?

burkey8.jpg

Excellent diversion.....otherwise they might ask "what the duck* is he talking about?"

Reaction Score
It really would. There are some definite iconic poses we could use: Emeka going straight up for the block, the Bazz leg-kick release on the 3, Rashad blowing on his fingers, Rip's J, Ray dunking baseline, Kemba crossing over, Nadav holding the ball up to pass....

One of the billionaires on the Boneyard needs to make this happen.

I think a Ray statue should go up soon, but it should be a statue of that picture perfect shooting form

Reaction Score
We need a statue of Calhoun on a horse so when people come to Gampel they think, what --- is Calhoun doing on a horse?

burkey8.jpg

Not so sure I like the thought of Calhoun on a horse. After all, he had a hard enough time staying on a bicycle.

Reaction Score
I'd like JC and Geno Eifel Tower'ing the NCAA, if that means Emmert, all the better

MASSconn

Pretentious CR Critic
Reaction Score
Without these two guys UCONN is still probably irrelevant in the sports world. They are due every praise possible.

It's sad that football has somewhat recently set back their amazing accomplishments. They are legends.

I'd like to see two statues in front of the Gampel area with the two looking at each other from afar. That is tradition right there (something we lack)

Reaction Score
Without these two guys UCONN is still probably irrelevant in the sports world. They are due every praise possible.

It's sad that football has somewhat recently set back their amazing accomplishments. They are legends.

I'd like to see two statues in front of the Gampel area with the two looking at each other from afar. That is tradition right there (something we lack)
Football hansn't, nor will it ever, "set back" their achievements. It's just keeping us from getting in to the P5.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I'd like to see a 50 ft tall giant Calhoun head in the act of screaming. Position it right where the opponents get off their bus.
Ah so many great choices for this:
Pointing and screaming:
jim-calhoun-122211.jpg

Giving the old "get your ass on the bench:
Jim%2BCalhoun.jpg

CL82

Reaction Score
or perhaps the old "WTF"

Jim-Calhoun.jpg

or maybe a "it wasn't me" after chewing a ref's butt:

alg-jim-calhoun-jpg.jpg

CL82

Reaction Score
Of course the crossed armed glower would have to be in the mix:

jimcalhoun.jpg

But I think that this might be my favorite:

jim-calhoun.jpg_98018c0e5af6b7c92b0cf74c892087f4

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::):rolleyes:

More realistically, maybe they should be giving each other the finger.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
The court is never getting named for just Jim, so let's put that fantasy to bed.

CL82

Reaction Score
The court is never getting named for just Jim, so let's put that fantasy to bed.
Probably not directly, but we may see something like "Hall of Fame Court" when Geno retires. Jim got Calhoun Way. That's nothing to sneeze at.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Not so sure I like the thought of Calhoun on a horse. After all, he had a hard enough time staying on a bicycle.
Horses balance themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline