State of the AAC: Has the Overall Quality of the AAC WCBB Improved Year over Year? Yes! | The Boneyard

State of the AAC: Has the Overall Quality of the AAC WCBB Improved Year over Year? Yes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Especially this year, I think we have seen dramatic improvement among the WCBB teams in the AAC. USF is a quality program; Memphis, Tulsa, Temple, Tulane and ECU are all vastly improved.

There seems to be a new energy and a renewed focus on fundamentals, hard work, and team. There are some terrific coaches in the AAC and it seems to be paying dividends. It may be a UConn effect, a goal, an ethic to emulate. It may have been a quality always there just requiring an impetus.

Recruiting has improved as well. And I really enjoy watching some of the other players: among my favorites are Courtney Williams, Leslie Vorpahl and Red Laramie ..... especially Red!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I agree with you as far as improvement in the conference. ECU would have been much better this year (I think they were picked 3rd or 4th in the conference) if not for season ending injuries to something like 2 or 3 of their starters. If those kids come back, I could see a spirited battle for 2nd in the conference between USF, ECU and Temple. Throw in Tulane as I have no idea how good they will be next year, and even Memphis and SMU are both going to be better as well...

For now I think Houston, Cinci and UCF will be the dregs of the league. Also, the upper teams not named UCONN need to start landing top 100 kids and they certainly should start in their own states. Texas, NC, Florida, Louisiana, Tennessee, Ohio, etc. all have top 100 players. Yeah I get that in Texas they are competing against aTm, Texas and Baylor among others, but hopefully the coaches are making in roads into their own backyards.

Probably a dumb question I should know, but will Navy be in the WCBB league next year or are they only in for football?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc
Top Bottom