Stat watch | The Boneyard

Stat watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
UConn isn't the highest scoring team in the nation (D1), that would be Oregon, who just slipped below 100 ppg, now at 99.2, thanks to UConn. UConn is currently 16th.

Other notable teams with higher scoring:
  • Kentucky
  • Baylor
  • Louisville
  • Duke

Nothing to be concerned about. UConn is averaging 88 ppg, despite playing three teams in the top 25. Our average is likely to go up, some of the other teams are likely to go down.

Besides, points scored, while easy and obvious to look at, is less important than points allowed.

We still aren't at the top, we are 12th, allowing an even 50 ppg. Eleven teams are better, notably:

• TAMU
  • Georgia

both at 42 ppg. Again, we are likely to give up fewer in the future, while some of those other teams will be back to pass us. Giving up 50 ppg is often enough to end the season in first place, so if we can do better, we are likely to be the team leader.

Field Goal %

We lead the country, with 52% Very impressive, and hard to sustain. Other teams currently shooting 50% or better:
  • Minnesota
  • Louisville
  • Duke
  • Michigan State
  • Notre Dame
  • Oregon State

Assists

We don't lead the nation, but 21.6 apg is good enough for 5th place.

Teams ahead of us:
  • Notre Dame
  • Holy Cross
  • Baylor
  • Oregon State

Assists to Turnovers

This is a stat we often lead, and this year is no exception. At 2.1, we are well ahead of second place Baylor.

Usually though, we lead the stat by being mediocre with turnovers and making it up with a lot of assists.

This year, at present, we are 4th in the country in turnovers, only giving up 10.1 per game

Only
  • Villanova
  • Iowa State
  • Wright State

are ahead of us.

I hope we can keep it up.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Curious where you are finding these and if they have the scoring margin stats?

Reaction Score
UConn also leads country in blocks at 9.1 game - next team has even 8

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Yes, and what's nice about that is that it is spread around. Sabrina Jeridore leads the country in blocks at 5.5 per game, but Iona as a team gets 6.5 bpg, so there's not much other than her. The scouting report can let players know to avoid her.

UConn has three players in the top 50, Stokes at 3.1 bpg, Stewart at 2.0 and Dolson at 2.3. What are you going to do, tell your team to avoid all three of them?

Reaction Score
Yes, and what's nice about that is that it is spread around. Sabrina Jeridore leads the country in blocks at 5.5 per game, but Iona as a team gets 6.5 bpg, so there's not much other than her. The scouting report can let players know to avoid her.

UConn has three players in the top 50, Stokes at 3.1 bpg, Stewart at 2.0 and Dolson at 2.3. What are you going to do, tell your team to avoid all three of them?

PHIL: 1. shoot very, very quickly 2. shoot low 3. don't shoot 4. stay home
((Very interesting stats, as always, by the way)

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Number for Uconn margin of victory is 39.6 at this time - I am guessing that Baylor leads the nation as they are high on both points and points allowed lists at a ridiculous 45.5, but then we did see their OOC line-up and a few people thought it was ridiculous. I believe until they hit conference play they do not face anyone that was ranked above fifty last year in Sagarin or any other relative strength rating. (May be wrong, they might slip one in around Christmas?)

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Number for Uconn margin of victory is 39.6 at this time - I am guessing that Baylor leads the nation as they are high on both points and points allowed lists at a ridiculous 45.5, but then we did see their OOC line-up and a few people thought it was ridiculous. I believe until they hit conference play they do not face anyone that was ranked above fifty last year in Sagarin or any other relative strength rating. (May be wrong, they might slip one in around Christmas?)

That rings a bell, I think someone did a post with the prior years Sag ratings and their OOC was jaw droppingly awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom