Star Wars --- The Prophecy | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Star Wars --- The Prophecy

JCSuperstar

Garbage Time All Star
Reaction Score

caw

Reaction Score
In the Phantom Menace there is talk about Toddler Vader being some prophecied savoir. He was supposed to bring balance to the force. I was speculating that maybe the Jedi got it wrong because Luke was the saviour. No matter how you swing it though, they got it wrong. Would a been better to stomp "little Annie" out like a cockroach.

One could easily argue Vader did bring balance to the force. There were like 3 freaking Sith and innumerable Jedi in the prequels. Seems darn imbalanced to me.

Now after Vader there are no? Sith and one? partially trained Jedi. Seems much more balanced. Obviously this balance will be broken in the forthcoming movies.

Makes more sense why they didn't initially want to train Vader because the Jedi leaders were afraid of losing power and knew only the Sith gaining power could really balance things out properly.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
This was one of the biggest issues w/ how the prequels were made. When Lucas was working on the original trilogy he was surrounded by a group of people that were not afraid to give him constructive criticism. Ideas were shot down and scripts were rewritten. ESB and ROTJ were not directed by Lucas. By the time the prequels rolled around people were so desperate for more Star Wars movies that they gave him complete creative control of the new movies. If he had other directors and writers involved we probably could have expected better movies.

I am actually not sure if Lucas ever had a fastball. He was a great ideas guy, but usually needed some help getting things executed.
Somebody should have shot his script down in ROTJ when he ditched the Wookies in favor of a bunch of teddy bears with pre-bronze age technology winning the Battle of Endor.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
Somebody should have shot his script down in ROTJ when he ditched the Wookies in favor of a bunch of teddy bears with pre-bronze age technology winning the Battle of Endor.

Agreed. But they also knew they would sell a ton of Ewok merchandise and I think that won the argument.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I would have liked to have seen Natalie Portman in a slave leia type scene for sure.

She looked pretty good in the ripped up white suit.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Completely agree. If you start him out as a teenager, you can parallel the formula that worked so well in the originals. The whole third movie can basically become Return of the Sith. As it is, Vader is kinda a flop as a villain.

We're told in Star Wars that Vader hunted down and killed all of the Jedi. That's badarss. I wanna see that bad guy become a bad guy. Instead, what do we get?

Vader becomes Vader three-quarters of the way through the last movie, kills some children with the help of an army, and then . . . falls into lava when fighting his first real fight. He's an afterthought in the history of the creation of the Empire. At least Darth Maul took out a real Jedi before Obi Wan gets him.

This is the saddest part of the prequels...that they could have been freaking awesome. Instead they cast the worst actor in history to be Anakin. Natalie Portman was tolerable, if barely, but what was with the ridiculous costumes? Liam Neeson was spot on however and Ewan McGregor pretty solid...if no Alec Guinness. But the dialogue....have mercy on us, never again.

Reaction Score
She looked pretty good in the ripped up white suit.

Yeah, but by far the dumbest scene was of her in that suit. The one in Number II where she picks herself up off the desert floor, countermands the stormtrooper, and runs of scene leaving a trail of footprints? That one is so bad, for reasons I can't quite articulate, that I laugh harder at it than the black guys "combing the desert" with a hairpick in Spaceballs.

Reaction Score
Agreed. But they also knew they would sell a ton of Ewok merchandise and I think that won the argument.

Leave the ewoks alone! I loved my ewoks when I was a kid.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
Leave the ewoks alone! I loved my ewoks when I was a kid.

I dont hate them as much as some people do (Loved them as a Kid), but replacing them with Wookies would have been pretty sweet.

junglehusky

Reaction Score
I dont hate them as much as some people do (Loved them as a Kid), but replacing them with Wookies would have been pretty sweet.
Either that, or giving the Ewoks at least technology. Even the Gungans had cities, vehicles and their own weird energy weapons.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I'm still firmly in the camp that believes that Lucas should have stopped after wrapping The Empire Strikes Back.

Man, when I was a kid, Return of the jedi was my favorite. Would have had a less happy childhood without it.

Lightspeeder scenes and half naked Leia are seminal.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Man, when I was a kid, Return of the jedi was my favorite. Would have had a less happy childhood without it.

Lightspeeder scenes and half naked Leia are seminal.
Pun intended?

junglehusky

Reaction Score
That's no moon...

star-wars-force-awakens-official-poster.jpg

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Because the Death Star was so effective the first two times????

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Pun intended?

Sort of. I wrote it up without thinking. But before posting, had a chuckle at the word play.

I guess that means it was subconscious. No coincidences here!

Reaction Score
Big day for Star Wars with the 3rd and final trailer coming out today and tickets are going on sale, too.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Big day for Star Wars with the 3rd and final trailer coming out today and tickets are going on sale, too.

Two months early, that is insane. They are going to sell out too. I'd prop bet on biggest opening weekend ever, if I lived in England.

Reaction Score
Worst part about last night, having to watch a half of a football game featuring two teams that were really trying to loose at the same time.

So, its Rey Han's or Luke's daughter?

Reaction Score
Tickets already acquired. I've got two months to train my four-year old daughter up. She's had a Darth Vader toy since she was six months, so I have a good head start.

That's a good Dad :) I have 2 boys int eh house and all 3 of us are dressing-up in Star Wars characters for Halloween. The question remains though will my wife go Order 66 on us before December 18th because we are driving her nuts.

Reaction Score
That's a good Dad :) I have 2 boys int eh house and all 3 of us are dressing-up in Star Wars characters for Halloween. The question remains though will my wife go Order 66 on us before December 18th because we are driving her nuts.

Lol. I was worried I would get 2 months' push back from mine due to my daughter's age. Didn't happen. She probably realizes I'd of snuck my daughter out no matter what. There are some things a dad just can't compromise on.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
I was debating whether it would be worth it to try to get opening night tickets. Just checked out the local theater and they still had seats for 12/17 at 7pm. Do I have to dress up?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom