Stanford vs USC Announcers | The Boneyard

Stanford vs USC Announcers

Status
Not open for further replies.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Both Rebecca AND Bill Walton doing color with PBP Dave Pasch... I you want to hear what is happing in game you are probably on your own. I hear Walton gets paid by the word. He is a goof though... entertaining.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
LOL it is hilarious! Poor Tara, finally gets on National TV and the guy is talking about everything other than the game.

One reason not to obsess over every recruitment, remember Jordan Adams? She is 3-28 from 3 this year.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I was getting on here to comment on this...HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE. Bill has done nothing but ramble all night and he is making it more about himself than the game. I give Rebecca for trying to make the best of it.

Reaction Score
I was getting on here to comment on this...HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE. Bill has done nothing but ramble all night and he is making it more about himself than the game. I give Rebecca for trying to make the best of it.

What is there to talk about? USC is a team with 4 players who can't shoot and the game is a bore.

I'm enjoying the LSD induced rants myself.

psconn

Reaction Score
I'm going back and forth between amused and annoyed. Dave P does not seem amused. Rebecca just disappears at times.

Bill: when I applied here they looked at me with serious disdain
Dave: I know how they feel.

Reaction Score
I'm going back and forth between amused and annoyed. Dave P does not seem amused. Rebecca just disappears at times.

Bill: when I applied here they looked at me with serious disdain
Dave: I know how they feel.

Dave works regularly with Walton. He was amused by Walton and so was I. I thought Rebecca was just too busy enjoying the show for the most part. Personally I greatly enjoy listening to Walton call a game tonight was no exception.

psconn

Reaction Score
Dave works regularly with Walton. He was amused by Walton and so was I. I thought Rebecca was just too busy enjoying the show for the most part. Personally I greatly enjoy listening to Walton call a game tonight was no exception.

Like I said earlier... he's a goof. Clearly a smart guy who loves the game. I suppose he's easier to listen to than Dicky V

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
I used to really enjoy listening to Walton's in-game commentary. He has/had a gift for being blunt and almost esoteric at the same time.

Tonight I could only listen for a little while. He was beyond horrible. Even with Rebecca's solid work I ended up turning the sound off.

Reaction Score
Tonight I could only listen for a little while. He was beyond horrible. Even with Rebecca's solid work I ended up turning the sound off.

The beginning of the game was very rough for him admittedly. He found his footing later in the game though.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
The amazing thing about listening to Bill and his shtick about all things human is how intently he is simultaneously watching the game an drops into a moment of real insight about play and what is happening on the court with an articulation most can only hope for and then back to the topic du temp and Mozart. Imagine if he had learned of Pete Seeger's death during the broadcast. We would have had a complete revisiting of the 60s and 70s.

Last edited:

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
The amazing thing about listening to Bill and his shtick about all things human is how intently he is simultaneously watching the game an drops into a moment of real insight about play and what is happening on the court and then back to the topic du temp and Mozart. Imagine if he had learned of Pete Seeger's death during the broadcast. We would have had a complete revisiting of the 60s and 70s.

We would overcome, Ice, we would overcome. We would overcome, some day. Deep in my heart, I do believe, we would overcome, someday....

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
We would overcome, Ice, we would overcome. We would overcome, some day. Deep in my heart, I do believe, we would overcome, someday....

"If you miss me at the back of the bus, you can't find me no where"

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I liked listening to Walton (he's always been one of my favorite players anyway). He was saying a lot of things I was thinking (or saying out loud at the TV) about the game. "Ah they just missed that back door cut", etc.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I liked listening to Walton (he's always been one of my favorite players anyway). He was saying a lot of things I was thinking (or saying out loud at the TV) about the game. "Ah they just missed that back door cut", etc.
He was amazing at using multiple parts of the brain and shifting gears at seemingly lightspeed.

Reaction Score
I'll watch the game again when I get a chance since I DRVed it. I want to hear all the stuff the announcers were saying. I was switching back and forth between hunting shows I had recorded and the games.

It was funny watching Bill walking into the arena right next to Chiney and she paid him no attention.

psconn

Reaction Score

Bill Walton was an absolutely INCREDIBLE player. He was perfect for a ball movement and team-oriented scheme. His health issues always seemed to hold him back as a pro, but when he came to my Celtics, I was PUMPED! I loved watching him play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom