Stanford installing a new 'system'? | The Boneyard

Stanford installing a new 'system'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Hoopfeed.com @hoopfeed · Oct 22
Stanford's Tara VanDerveer on teaching a new system, losing Chiney O. etc: "It makes me a little cranky sometimes"
1f602.png

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I linked this article in the pac12 media day thread. Seems that Tara is moving away from the triangle offense (no dominant post player) towards an offense that plays more to her team's strength (guard play). Sounds like more pick-and-rolls, screens and up-tempo. She spent time with Mike D'Antonio during the off-season.

http://blog.sfgate.com/stanfordspor...win-pac-12-title-cal-picked-2nd-lurks-nearby/

If that's ex-Knick coach Mike D'Antoni, Stanford will be scoring a ton of points and giving up 2 tons.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Richard Feynman may need to consulted of the problems of playing without a quality "O."

Reaction Score
I linked this article in the pac12 media day thread. Seems that Tara is moving away from the triangle offense (no dominant post player) towards an offense that plays more to her team's strength (guard play). Sounds like more pick-and-rolls, screens and up-tempo. She spent time with Mike D'Antonio during the off-season.

http://blog.sfgate.com/stanfordspor...win-pac-12-title-cal-picked-2nd-lurks-nearby/
Paul Westhead & Mike D'Antoni ? They get cranky when you mention defense ("DEE-fense? We don't need no stinking DEE-fense!")

Reaction Score
If that's ex-Knick coach Mike D'Antoni, Stanford will be scoring a ton of points and giving up 2 tons.

Geno spent time with D'Antoni too when he was still the Knicks coach and incorporated some it into the Huskies own offense beginning with the 08-09 season.

Reaction Score
Tara's guards always feed for the front line players. Now, they are very weak up front and will depend on their outside shooters.......Sounds like DePaul to me.............Who does Stanford play before the new year?...Oh ya, UCONN..........Good luck.............The last time UCONN came to the Farm they won by 30.............Maybe, Geno will call off the dogs early andplay 4 players.........LOL...........But, in the PAC 12, they might be ok..............

Gate81

'Gate Grad Likes Cardinal & UConn Best
Reaction Score
jsloanjr have you any facts on which to base your [comments] other than Chiney being gone and yes the result of game last time at Stanford? BTW, IIRC Stanford was ahead of UConn in the semi-final game, and eventually lost by less than Notre Dame in the so-called matchup of the undefeated. Clearly UConn was much better than everyone else last year, and probably will be again this year.

HOWEVER, I'd be wary of insulting the PAC-12 because it is probably much better than UConn's conference (other than UConn). Cal and OSU probably both in top 25, UCLA top rated freshman class, etc. Fierce competition may prepare teams better for the tournament than a bunch of cakewalk games.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
jsloanjr have you any facts on which to base your barrage of classless insults other than Chiney being gone and yes the result of game last time at Stanford? BTW, IIRC Stanford was ahead of UConn in the semi-final game, and eventually lost by less than Notre Dame in the so-called matchup of the undefeated. Clearly UConn was much better than everyone else last year, and probably will be again this year.

HOWEVER, I'd be wary of insulting the PAC-12 because it is probably much better than UConn's conference (other than UConn). Cal and OSU probably both in top 25, UCLA top rated freshman class, etc. Fierce competition may prepare teams better for the tournament than a bunch of cakewalk games.
My guess is you are now going to prove that last part? AAC cleaned up with the trophies last year...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom