Stanford and UConn will begin a home and home series on 12/18/13 in CT. Return game during 14-15 sea | The Boneyard

Stanford and UConn will begin a home and home series on 12/18/13 in CT. Return game during 14-15 sea

Status
Not open for further replies.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Anyone have any idea how hard it is to get Stanford bball tickets? Could be a fun weekend get away.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Can we join the pac 12?:)
Not a crazy idea. They could corner the New York market. The ACC thinks they have it with ExCuse and the B?G thinks they have the city with the Rug Rats. But we all know better. NYC is UConn territory. Come and get us pac 12.

Reaction Score
Stanford tickets are not too hard to get. Just act early and be resigned to being up from the floor and probably at one end or the other. Good fans at Stanford and a beautiful campus! Get there early and take a walk around, its worth it!!!

Reaction Score
Anyone have any idea how hard it is to get Stanford bball tickets? Could be a fun weekend get away.

Not hard at all. When I was there for grad school I was amazed at how little everyone seemed to care about the sports teams. Coming from UConn it was like night and day.

Now I just have to decide who to root for...

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Not hard at all. When I was there for grad school I was amazed at how little everyone seemed to care about the sports teams. Coming from UConn it was like night and day.

Now I just have to decide who to root for...
The last time Uconn played there it was a complete sell out and tix were pretty hard to come by. I ended up getting them from a friend at work whose family had Stanford season tix. We sat smack dab in the middle if a bunch of old grumphy rich folk. That being said, we were also the best team in the country so that may have had something to do with high demand. Might not be so bad next year if we're ranked lower.

Reaction Score
Not a crazy idea. They could corner the New York market. The ACC thinks they have it with ExCuse and the B?G thinks they have the city with the Rug Rats. But we all know better. NYC is UConn territory. Come and get us pac 12.
I'm all in for the Pack12
45min to Tempe
90min to U of A
6 - 7 hours to UCLA and USC
Cheap flights to everywhere else .
(Will not do Colo or Utah in the winter but does it really matter.)

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
Wow!

I'm moving to Oakland in two weeks!

I've already racked my brains about finding a way around the time difference to watch games.

Tiny silver linings like this are always welcome.

Reaction Score
The last time Uconn played there it was a complete sell out and tix were pretty hard to come by. I ended up getting them from a friend at work whose family had Stanford season tix. We sat smack dab in the middle if a bunch of old grumphy rich folk. That being said, we were also the best team in the country so that may have had something to do with high demand. Might not be so bad next year if we're ranked lower.

i think that was the game where they were ranked #4 and we were #1, which would definitely have been a big draw. they seemed to have much more of a buzz around their program in the late 90's/early 2000's then they do now.

i'm planning to make the trip out for this one, so hopefully we'll have a sizeable UConn contingent there. we had a pretty good showing at the final four watch party in 2011 when i was out there, so i know there are some fans in the area.

Reaction Score
Wow, so we now have home games with Florida and Stanford, in addition to what should be semi-home games with BC and hopefully Indiana. This is going to be an incredibly fun OOC slate - Stanford's going to be pretty good next year (and could be nationally ranked )and BC might not be terrible.

These next four months are going to feel like four years.

Reaction Score
Nice, now Deandre please hang around for the 2nd game.

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
Wow!

I'm moving to Oakland in two weeks!

I've already racked my brains about finding a way around the time difference to watch games.

Tiny silver linings like this are always welcome.

I've been on the West Coast for three years now, having moved up from LA last year. You have to train your friends not to text you... some sort of pavlovian conditioning with punishment in the form of testy text message insults. Welcome to the Bay Area.

DVRs are a godsend.

Reaction Score
I think it was a recent Amore article that said it's looking like Stanford will be XL and Florida will be on campus.

Reaction Score
I think it was a recent Amore article that said it's looking like Stanford will be XL and Florida will be on campus.

Would be awesome, if true. Florida should be a top ten team regardless of Chris Walker's situation.

Reaction Score
I've been on the West Coast for three years now, having moved up from LA last year. You have to train your friends not to text you... some sort of pavlovian conditioning with punishment in the form of testy text message insults. Welcome to the Bay Area.

DVRs are a godsend.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member