St. Louis Cardinals Investigated by F.B.I. for Hacking Astros | The Boneyard

St. Louis Cardinals Investigated by F.B.I. for Hacking Astros

Status
Not open for further replies.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
It would honestly be pretty badass if it turned out the reason the Cards have been so consistent is that they've breached the information systems of the other 29 teams. I'm not suggesting that they did but I would suggest that it's unlikely they only did it to one team. I don't even know how you would begin to punish a team for something like that.

Reaction Score
Well it might just be one team as the story goes they just used the passwords of Jeff Luhnow that he used when he worked for the Cardinals.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Are you kidding? This is so much worse than what the Patriots have ever done in the aggregate, it's stupefying to read that someone has the opinion otherwise!!!

This is not taping defensive signals (Something that is widely accepted in baseball) or letting a 1/2 PSI out of a football (equivalent of putting Vaseline on the baseball). This is a breach of another teams internal intelligence by another competing team. This is sports espionage.

Sorry to see you lose all credibility before your 10th post...

mets1090

Reaction Score
Well it might just be one team as the story goes they just used the passwords of Jeff Luhnow that he used when he worked for the Cardinals.
Oh I skimmed through the article quickly and didn't realize it was most likely just an old password. That lends itself well to it only being a one team breach.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Hacking computer databases is not as bad as sticking a pin in a football?

Wow...just wow.

mets1090

Reaction Score
I think we can chalk that jab at the Patriots up to trolling.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Re: Luhnow using same password for years, couldn't help but think of this:

Last tech company I worked at, we had some "friends of the engineering dept" fix typos on our major competitor's site.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
It's a pretty big deal. The cardinals employee(s) accessed the database containing passwords of current and former employees. Yes, they apparently did this because of Luhnow but every employee's password was available. For individuals such as Luhnow who reuse passwords across applications/systems, they've technically been compromised.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Let's suspend Tom Brady a few more games for this somehow. I hear he's behind all instances of rulebreaking in sports today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom