St Louis = 2 time losers? | The Boneyard

St Louis = 2 time losers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Complete mystery how the NFL has allowed the 2nd largest market to go without a franchise for 20 plus years.

Reaction Score
Complete mystery how the NFL has allowed the 2nd largest market to go without a franchise for 20 plus years.

You have to weigh the economic benefit of having a franchise there against the $300-400 million they extorted from 15 or so cities threatening to move to LA.

Reaction Score
Los Angeles > St. Louis in all facets. Better economically, 2nd biggest TV market, closer to other teams in the NFC West.

Worst part is clearly for the fans in STL. We in Connecticut know all too well how much it sucks losing your pro team.

Reaction Score
That's the other group, which now could be _____________ (fill in the blank: Chargers/Raiders/Jaguars)'s stadium.
Oh wow had no idea two separate LA team bids were in play. Not a big NFL fan.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I'll believe the Rams are going back to LA when I see it - it looks like saber-rattling to me.

Guy owns most of Arsenal, the Avalanche, the Nuggets and an MLS club, but Kroenke is a St. Louis guy.

Born in Missouri, went to Missouri, got a grad degree at Missouri, his kid played at Missouri....his real name is Enos Stanley because he's named after Enos Slaughter and Stan Musial.

He's not going to become a pariah in St. Louis - not happening.

He'll get his deal in St. Louis and he'll develop the old Hollypark racetrack property in Los Angeles. If an NFL team lands there, I doubt it'll be his.

Reaction Score
Georgia Frontiere ...

The Owners of professional teams have often been remarkably insane and whacked. She took the cake. I think someone (attorneys or middlemen) made great bucks on moving to St. Louis; because there is no way your long term Value creation to a Franchise value isn't higher in a NY or an LA. (unless you think the NJ Devils is actually NY ... in which case - see whacked)

Reaction Score
You have to weigh the economic benefit of having a franchise there against the $300-400 million they extorted from 15 or so cities threatening to move to LA.

Completely agree. Every time a billionaire NFL owner complains that his 5 year old stadium is out-of-date, the specter of LA is thrown around until yet another near bankrupt state/city agrees to pay said billionaire owner several hundred million to keep the team in their city with a band new stadium that will be out of date in 10 years. If owners want a new stadium, they should pay for it themselves.

As for LA, the NFL had done very well without a team in LA for over 20 years now LA clearly does not care. The only folks who seem to care are the TV folks who seem to think that adding a team or two in LA will increase viewership.

Reaction Score
Completely agree. Every time a billionaire NFL owner complains that his 5 year old stadium is out-of-date, the specter of LA is thrown around until yet another near bankrupt state/city agrees to pay said billionaire owner several hundred million to keep the team in their city with a band new stadium that will be out of date in 10 years. If owners want a new stadium, they should pay for it themselves.

As for LA, the NFL had done very well without a team in LA for over 20 years now LA clearly does not care. The only folks who seem to care are the TV folks who seem to think that adding a team or two in LA will increase viewership.

I wonder where LA Rams fans directed their loyalties when the Rams left.

Reaction Score
He'll get his deal in St. Louis and he'll develop the old Hollypark racetrack property in Los Angeles. If an NFL team lands there, I doubt it'll be his.
Probably not, but he could be positioning himself to make a heck of a lotta money off that plot of land.

It could be a stroke of genius when all is said and done.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
LA doesn't care and teams will continue to use the city as a threat to get what they want in their own home cities. These articles reek of teams using LA as a threat just like the Patriots used Hartford. SD and Oakland have been threatening to leave for awhile yet what have they done? Nothing. They sign their year to year leases and carry on. I'd put money on that continuing.

Reaction Score
John said:
I wonder where LA Rams fans directed their loyalties when the Rams left.
I grew up in LA. I follow the Rams as a casual observer now, but not rabidly. If they came back to LA, I'd be on board 100%. Btw, Georgia Frontiere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom