Spurs | The Boneyard

Spurs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Will win the NBA championship, Book it. i don't care who they play. Miami and Indiana going back and fourth proves that neither is really Superior to the other. the spurs took out their opponents out easier than either of Miami or Indiana. San Antonio is the superior team out of the three.

Reaction Score
You really can't say that as it is about match-ups. I will say Miami is a harder match-up for San Antonio because they have more athletes. Though I do agree San Antonio is playing the best basketball at the present time.

Reaction Score
comparative series dont mean a thing, the winner of the ECF finals could also be toughened up and have more momentum so it goes both ways. Having said that if its just Lebron for Miami no way do they beat the Spurs (i.e. 2007 Lebron). I would love to see a Heat-Spurs series because it would do a lot for a historical perspective. Well see if Lebron shuts down Paker if the Heat get there.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
The Pacers have been playing solid D, but most of the problem is that multiple Heat players are playing very poorly...far beneath their capabilities and missing wide open shots. Bosh, Wade, Ray Allen and Battier have been terrible, particularly in their shooting. Chalmers has looked okay for stretches but has been terrible for much of the other stretches. LeBron played poorly for much of game six. The Heat have lacked rhythm, IMO largely due to their lineup being altered to counter Hibbert and West, who honestly have dominated the Heat's big lineup anyway. Ray is very much overdue for a big game...hopefully he will be a difference maker in game 7

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'm rooting against LeBron, I ain't bettin against him.

Reaction Score
You must not have been very good at algebra - if x >>> y and z = c, it doesn't necessarily mean x > c. In other words, San Antonio easily dispatching Memphis isn't grounds for dismissing the two more evenly matched eastern conference teams as a threat. My take is this: Indiana has the perfect collection of players to expose Miami's one, and potentially fatal flaw, which is the lack of a pure center. The Indiana-Miami series is actually very reminicient of the USA-Spain gold medal game a year ago - one team has a noticeable talent advantage, but the inferior team is able to combat that by continually hammering away at the favorites achilles heel. In the gold medal game, it was the Gasol brothers (more prominantly, Pau) carving U.S.A.'s interior defense like a Thanksgiving turkey, while in the Indiana-Miami series, Roy Hibbert's opperating with the ease of Ater Majok shooting over a chair, and David West's raw strength has discouraged Chris Bosh from mixing it up inside. Miami's identity (their unique ability to play small, present hellish floor spacing difficulties to the opposition, and yet lose nothing at the other end) has been thoroughly squashed by an Indiana team refusing to relinquish their own. Indiana also possesses the most well-orchestrated defense in the league, one of the brightest young basketball minds in the game, and a blossoming star in Paul George. Truthfully, I'm not at all surprised at the dogfight this series has been. While LeBron's numbers in this series have been largely on par with what he normally submits, Roy Hibbert, a game-changing defensive talent, has managed to accomplish what no other player in the league to my knowledge has been able to do, which is negate LeBron's ability to finish at the rim. I think this, in addition to the athleticism and length Indiana offers at other positions, has sapped some of LeBron's dynamic defensive ability and allowed easier looks for Paul George. It's not easy to play 45 minutes at an elite level at both ends of the court, which is what LeBron's been asked to do in this series. The "LeBron can guard every position on the floor" narrative has been rendered a mis-conception in this series - LeBron can guard some centers, he can't guard centers like Roy Hibbert.

So, as 3rdbass said, it is about match-ups. San Antonio is just as good as Indiana, and probably better, but after getting the ever-living kicked out of them for seven games, I think an aging Spurs team will be a welcome sight for the Heat do they manage to survive.

Reaction Score
Personally I don't want to see Hibbert and West bang and beat Duncan up. I'd hate to have a late memory of him aging. He's a tough SOB and is not as soft as he may look and can take care of himself. However the crafty vet could get their bigs in foul trouble negating that advantage.

That's the only matchup I would be concerned about if I was a Spur fan. I do feel the Heat or Pacers could hang with the Spurs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom