Spring Spotlight: Quarterbacks (J. Silver) | The Boneyard

Spring Spotlight: Quarterbacks (J. Silver)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm a stats guy - In the last four games of the 2013 season, Casey Cochran went 94 of 137 for 1,110 yards and 9 touchdowns plus 3 interceptions. Over a season (12 games) Cochran would had passed for 3,330 yards and 27 TDs/9 INTs at 64% (actually 63.95%) completion rate.

Understandable that we did not face good teams during the last four games. At least this shows what Cochran's ceiling is. The way Cochran performed the last third of 2013 definitely put him as the heavy favorite to win the starting quarterback position. It is up to the offensive line to protect him or other quarterbacks.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
I hope that take on Boyle works out and he can keep growing. He certainly looked more comfortable in the spring game.

Reaction Score
I hope that take on Boyle works out and he can keep growing. He certainly looked more comfortable in the spring game.

Agreed. I thought he looked better than Cochran as well, but they all seem pretty close in grasping the offense. I saw a couple times they were talking to each other on the side lines too. Which I loved to see.

Reaction Score
It’s college football. No matter how good (or bad) the O-Line is, we need at least 2 serviceable quarterbacks to start the season because the starter will get hurt at some point no matter what. So Cochran showing that the end of last season was no fluke Boyle showing development are good signs. Both, regardless of who is Game 1 starter, will see playing time.

Reaction Score
Can't compare any of them in spring game. The first team defense is miles better than the second team defense.

Reaction Score
Cochran threw balls the others did not. Case in point. TD pass to Bradley against RU. He gets rid of the ball faster. More efficient even though he had better protection.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
Agreed. I thought he looked better than Cochran as well, but they all seem pretty close in grasping the offense. I saw a couple times they were talking to each other on the side lines too. Which I loved to see.
Yeah, they do seem to be working together a little more this year. Only good things can come of that...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom