Spending $$ like drunken sailors | The Boneyard

Spending $$ like drunken sailors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That's nothing for a team from the SEC. Total cost was about 430k, or1/4 of our TV contract.

Reaction Score
The Squid kept the costs down ... imagine if they had to rent an additional room for meeting space ...

pj

Reaction Score
UK's own team expenses were eye-opening, too, from coach John Calipari's $1,550-per night Atlantis hotel suite to a $23,855.50 reception dinner that included a band and an open bar.

No wonder they recruit so well. We'll buy you parties and open bars. Even if the whole team is 18-19 years old.

This NCAA sports racket is something else. At least the NCAA is stopping phone calls to 12-year-old Little Leaguers. That's going too far.

Reaction Score
Wow...

Kentucky paid $792,845 while Oregon State travelled across the country to the Bahamas and had total expenses of $37,714 for the same tournament.

Yep...life is smaller when you aren't one of the goldplaters....

Calipari had a $1500 a night suite while the OSU coach slept with his players in a four to a room budget hotel. Catered receptions with a band versus walking to a McDonalds.

Breakfast overlooking the ocean and beach versus hash browns and a sausage and egg sandwich under the arches, watching traffic go by.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I think it was Portland State, not Oregon State, but your point is well-taken.

I don't even want to know what a budget hotel in Nassau looks like -Nassau is like White Plains surrounded by paradise.

Reaction Score
Never been to Nassau and the high life...I have been to Bimini (rented the old house that Hemingway lived in while he wrote The Old Man and the Sea) next to the Compleat Angler bar (bar now burned ) and also Abaco....there is a genteel decay about the out islands.

A lot of men lounging at the side of the streets smoking, drinking a Kalik and schmoozing....but the water...oh man, the water.

I ate lobster morning, noon and night interspersed with a snapper or other fish...had a great ledge to dive on for lobster.

You have to have good lungs since you can't hit lobster while wearing scuba gear...you have to free dive down.

Reaction Score
Wow...

Kentucky paid $792,845 while Oregon State travelled across the country to the Bahamas and had total expenses of $37,714 for the same tournament.

Yep...life is smaller when you aren't one of the goldplaters....

Calipari had a $1500 a night suite while the OSU coach slept with his players in a four to a room budget hotel. Catered receptions with a band versus walking to a McDonalds.

Breakfast overlooking the ocean and beach versus hash browns and a sausage and egg sandwich under the arches, watching traffic go by.
Screw FSU

Reaction Score
Never been to Nassau and the high life...I have been to Bimini (rented the old house that Hemingway lived in while he wrote The Old Man and the Sea) next to the Compleat Angler bar (bar now burned ) and also Abaco....there is a genteel decay about the out islands.

A lot of men lounging at the side of the streets smoking, drinking a Kalik and schmoozing....but the water...oh man, the water.

I ate lobster morning, noon and night interspersed with a snapper or other fish...had a great ledge to dive on for lobster.

You have to have good lungs since you can't hit lobster while wearing scuba gear...you have to free dive down.
Screw FSU

Reaction Score
I think it was Portland State, not Oregon State, but your point is well-taken.

I don't even want to know what a budget hotel in Nassau looks like -Nassau is like White Plains surrounded by paradise.

Eh, it's not so bad. People are very nice. In 88, we (BU Rugby team) stayed at something called the Willet's Guest House which was between Nassau and Cable Beach. Clearly, regular people lived there. They were pretty nice. One woman even stopped my sunburned Irish friend and called him into the yard to spread aloe on him. They do like their rum though. At all hours.

Reaction Score
Eh, it's not so bad. People are very nice. In 88, we (BU Rugby team) stayed at something called the Willet's Guest House which was between Nassau and Cable Beach. Clearly, regular people lived there. They were pretty nice. One woman even stopped my sunburned Irish friend and called him into the yard to spread aloe on him. They do like their rum though. At all hours.

I took a vacation to an all inclusive resort in the Dominican Republic in the years before children. On the way back from an off-site body boarding trip, the local guide told the entire truck worth of tourists that Americans and Europeans (Punta Cana is very popular with Europe for some reason) that none of us could hold our rum. I took it as a personal offense. The guy emptied out 1/2 of a liter of Coke (the Coke with the real sugar in it), replaced it with a 1/2 liter of rum, and told me to down it. Ten minutes later, I walk off the truck, head held high with an empty 1 liter Coke bottle in my hand. Don't remember most of that evening, including the grilling that the misses gave me; but, honor was restored.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

That's living. Nothing like a nice snapper.

Reaction Score

No Conch Fritters? Yum Yum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69