Sorta OT: Who has better hops? D. Jones or This Kid? | The Boneyard

Sorta OT: Who has better hops? D. Jones or This Kid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
"This kid" is 2016 4* Kwe Parker. Now Jones is a great athlete and definitely a better overall basketball player right now, but I'd love to see a dunk contest between these 2.

Yes, I only counted 1 jumper but still...

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
Gotta go with this guy. Plus he's only 6'2".

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
6'2" and a full head above the rim? Yikes.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
He has like a 50 inch vertical at least.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
If this kid ever signed with us, Emmert would somehow get a rule passed that it was a technical foul to shoot with your head higher than the rim.

Showboating or just really enjoying what he's doing A little of both, I think.

Reaction Score
Jones beat him at the UA Elite 24 Dunk Contest, however. But at his side, this kid's hops are insane.

Reaction Score
This kid has got to be pushing the limit of how high a guy can jump without blowing out a ligament or tendon. Just insane hops.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I'm afraid this guy's goes too hard. Best hops I've seen since the New York street legend that ended up on crack and went to prison, got out in his thirties and was still a sick baller. If anyone knows his name post it and a video. Many NBA players say he was the best street baller they'd seen. I just remember an ESPN special about him. He was small and had no front teeth but man could he jump.

Reaction Score
Kwe Parker might be the best dunker I've ever seen and his signature 360 where he catches the ball and cocks it back is probably the sickest dunk ever.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Insane jumper, long arms, great hang time & creativity.

Reaction Score
When I saw this the first time yesterday I thought it was fake. Either that or he's wearing basketball shoes from the future that also act as hover boots.

Reaction Score
I'm afraid this guy's goes too hard. Best hops I've seen since the New York street legend that ended up on crack and went to prison, got out in his thirties and was still a sick baller. If anyone knows his name post it and a video. Many NBA players say he was the best street baller they'd seen. I just remember an ESPN special about him. He was small and had no front teeth but man could he jump.
Earl " the goat" Manigualt?

Reaction Score
When I saw this the first time yesterday I thought it was fake. Either that or he's wearing basketball shoes from the future that also act as hover boots.

I think there was a movie called "Flubber" once, but it was like 40 years ago... Probably before your time...

Reaction Score
This is who you are thinking of, he's from Oakland.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I watched the video you posted. I take back what I said, Kwe Parker's verticality is better but Hook was a much smaller man so he was equally impressive.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Earl " the goat" Manigualt?
I think I confused Manigault and Hook. Hook was from LA but he was the player I was thinking of.

Reaction Score
I think there was a movie called "Flubber" once, but it was like 40 years ago... Probably before your time...

The original was long before my time. I have the remake with Robin Williams!

Flubber.jpg

I was 2 when this came out :)

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
I think I confused Manigault and Hook. Hook was from LA but he was the player I was thinking of.
Hook is from Oakland and was the same year as me in high school. We played against him and Antonio Davis (McClymonds), Gary Payton and Greg Foster (Skyline), Brian Shaw (Bishop o'dowd) and a few other future NBA players but no one was like Hook. He was absolutely insane You should watch the documentary about him if you ever have some time to kill. Good stuff. For the record, we lost every game against the schools I mentioned by at least 30 points.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul