Sorta OT - Sports Championship Wish | The Boneyard

Sorta OT - Sports Championship Wish

Status
Not open for further replies.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Of all your favorite teams, if only one could win a championship in a given year, which one would you wish for? For me, those teams would include UConn Men, St Louis Cardinals Baseball or Arizona Cardinals Football. I don't really have a favorite NBA team and I don't have a huge interest in the NHL. If you have others, feel free to include them.

For me, I've seen several baseball championships and UConn championships, so I think I would opt for the Cardinals winning the Super Bowl. But I waiver with that and UConn. In the end, I'd love to have some Super Bowl stuff in my collection.

Horatio

I’m Heat Miser and your Rudolph…
Reaction Score
Philadelphia Eagles

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I'd pull for UConn football, just to see the cfb world implode.
Oh that's good - didn't even think of that. Now I'm torn between a Cardinal Super Bowl or a UConn Football National Championship. Nope, not torn very long - I'll take the UConn Football National Championship.

Reaction Score
UConn will always trump my favorite professional sports teams

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
UConn football and UConn MBB.

As a Red Sox fan, three champs within the past decade have soothed the wounds from my first 30 years on the planet- especially 1978 and 1986. If they can stay competitive and win one every decade or so, I'm content.

I always rooted for the Sixers growing up until they got rid of Moses Malone and Barkley shortly thereafter.
I was a Rams fan until the traded Eric Dickerson.

Now I just root for UConn players to do well and spread the brand.

As for individual sports, I'd like to see Lefty win the US Open and complete the career grand slam. Job looks at Lefty's US Open performances and near successes and says "damn".

On the ladies side, if Lindsey can win in the Olympics and Caroline Wosniacki and Maria Sharapova do well, I'm happy. They are very easy on the eyes.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
UConn football. Nothing could possibly compare

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Uconn hoop, Niners , Uconn football, cal football, SF giants. I've been really lucky!

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
It's 4:55 in the morning and I'm here. While I may have had to stay away from here 28 hours after Houston and 33 after SMU, I think you have my answer as to the only team that really matters to me.

I actually watched this year's World Series with greater attention than Boston's prior two, after having pretty much given up on the sport some time in the decade after 1986. On a weird note, I recently received some digitized slides and they included images from the Fenway right field bleachers during the Bucky Dent game.

Phil Simms & Eli Manning Super Bowls have been another joy. Glad I was busy doing other things during most of this year's Festival of Interceptions.

Realized that I still had my childhood affection for the Celtics when they last won; even better with Ray on the team.

Pitt winning football NC in 1976 was my peak, and I'm content to let that one rest.

Reaction Score
No question. A Jets Super Bowl. Been following them since I was 6 and was only 4 when they won SBIII. It's been a clusterfk of epic proportions and nothing but pure, 100% disappointment following that team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howler

Top Bottom