Sorry about the news links | The Boneyard

Sorry about the news links

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
This has been, and still is, a phenomenally busy weekend in our house. My youngest son is in the high school marching band. With my oldest kid off to college, my husband and I threw all of our efforts into supporting the band this year. This year's show had National Championship potential (wish I could link the video but it's copyrighted) and we wanted to help out. This past weekend was Nationals, but first we had a school football game on Friday during which the band presented its show at half time, as it usually does. We were at the school until 10 or so, getting the trucks loaded and ready to go to Nationals after the game.

We left home at 6:30 am yesterday, rode the buses with the kids to Met Life Stadium in New Jersey. The kids went on at 3:00; awards were at 5:00, then we all went to dinner at Red Robin in Milford, all 171 of us. We all finally got home about 12:30 am. Today we're off to see our oldest son at college, as it's Parents Weekend.

So, no time for news links but this was the last crazy busy weekend - for a while (I hope).

As for the band, the competition was so tight that only .066 points separated the 2nd through 4th place teams. This is out of a possible 100 points. We came in 4th, only .006 points behind the third place team. And this was with our team comprised of 40% freshmen. We'll get 'em next year!

Here's my son with the other baritones in the low brass. LBKA!

lowbrass.jpg

Reaction Score
I appreciate all your effort making this a better place to come and escape reality and talk Uocnn. I think we will all live somehow! Hope the weekend is a good one.

Reaction Score
No problem, and certainly no need to apologize or explain. Hell we should all apologize to you for not saying thank you for your volunteer work on this board.

Enjoy your weekend.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
That was a close competition. You picked a great year to get invested with your son's school band. It would have been fun to be involved with him even if the band was just good. But to be supportive of your son and the band with the caliber they have must make this even more special.

Strange how things go. On one of your busiest times for one child, plus the special weekend for your older child coming on the same weekend. I'm just glad you can attend both and didn't have to make a choice.

Enjoy this weekend with your family. And yes I missed your news links. There was a quote by Ostrout that was posted in this forum that I knew was wrong and I couldn't find the information to refute it. I kept hoping you would post the news links. Boy did your kids pick the wrong time to have special events.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom