Something Special just for Triad and Knightsbridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Sorry you two, but Carl's latest blog entry has some stunning Facts:

The AAC has existed for two years and owns two NCs

That is the exact same number of NCs as the ACC has.

That is twice the number of NCs as the Big 10 has.

Just a stunning pair of facts. And a little follow on: for our SC visitors:

The AAC now has 2 more NCs than ever SEC team not named Tennessee!

:cool::rolleyes::eek::)

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
And for everyone else -
Since the beginning of 2000 - conference numbers look like this:
BE - 8
Big12 - 3
AAC - 2
SEC - 2
ACC - 1
Big10 - 0
Pac10 - 0

Reaction Score
The AAC now has 2 more NCs than ever SEC team not named Tennessee!

:cool::rolleyes::eek::)

By the same kind of logic:

SCar has more Final Fours than every AAC team not named UConn!

And Duke has played in more National Championship games than every AAC team not named UConn!

(Duke also has more victories over UConn than all the rest of the AAC teams combined...though their 150 points cumulative scoring margin over the last five years is comparable to most AAC teams)

This kind of comparison is pointless because except for UConn and maybe USF, the AAC itself is no more relevant to the national championship picture than the SWAC; if UConn and Prairie View swapped places, the SWAC would now have 2 more NCs than every SEC team not named Tennessee...etc.

Don't get me wrong, I'm pro-AAC and I see some good things in the league - a lot of teams that don't roll over and quit during blowouts, some really good coaching, lots of heart, etc; the future bodes well and I'm starting to think that the AAC will become a good conference in the future - how much better I don't know. But as far as National Championships go, right now it's not about the AAC, it's about UConn regardless of where they play.

What is relevant is the BE/oBE - that accounts for ten of the last fifteen National Championships and includes all six of the teams in the last three championship games, and had (if I counter correctly) nine of this years field of 64. Sadly, those connections are fading as time marches on - next year's seniors (including Morgan) will be the last players that ever played in the glory days of the Big East. That is still the greatest league in WCBB history.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
On that note, Triad...my husband is a Duke grad, I am a UConn fan, and our 8th grade bball team that we coach together won their school league championship. Pretty much the best year ever. (Oh, and our daughter was born, but technically that was in 2014.)

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
AndyCT - but what I find interesting is that the mighty SEC in the last eight years has zero teams in the NC game and a total of 1 team once in the FF - and that is significant to me. Big10 - zero and 1 team two years. The ACC excluding imports from the BE - zero and zero.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom