Some High Praise for Paige | The Boneyard

Some High Praise for Paige

Reaction Score
Geno said it best after the Syracuse game. In the final minute of crunch time, with the game on the line, the greatest player in the country, who already had 32 points, could have taken the decisive shot, but she saw her freshman teammate wide open for a 3, so she passed it to KK. That's how she instills confidence in her teammates.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Geno said it best after the Syracuse game. In the final minute of crunch time, with the game on the line, the greatest player in the country, who already had 32 points, could have taken the decisive shot, but she saw her freshman teammate wide open for a 3, so she passed it to KK. That's how she instills confidence in her teammates.

about that play... after watching it several times I was thinking that if it had been Nika instead of KK receiving that pass, she would have faked and passed it back to Paige for the wide-open 3. Luckily it all works out in the end.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Geez that IS high praise coming from Dawn Staley. She's not one to idly hand out profuse praise to opposing players, plus she knows a little about being the greatest player to grace the game. I had the good fortune to see a lot of her games when she was in college, and 30 years later I still think she was one of the best who ever played.

Reaction Score
Apologies that I cant attach a clip, but a few nights ago on ESPN (Sports Center, I think) Andrea Carter gave an excellent analysis of Paige's game, full of high praise for every aspect of her play.

Reaction Score
about that play... after watching it several times I was thinking that if it had been Nika instead of KK receiving that pass, she would have faked and passed it back to Paige for the wide-open 3. Luckily it all works out in the end.
I think if Nika had been as open as KK, Nika would have taken the shot and made it. Nika is not afraid to shoot when shes open.

Reaction Score
If open players are going to shoot those open shots it defeats the purpose of having a player like Paige. When she draws three defenders the others have to make the defense pay for that over play.

Reaction Score
I think if Nika had been as open as KK, Nika would have taken the shot and made it. Nika is not afraid to shoot when shes open.

I never said or implied that Nika was afraid to take the shot. I just think in her mind Paige would have been even more open if she passed the ball back and Nika is all about getting the best shot possible for the team. Watch the play, that's what I see.

Reaction Score
Bluder says CC is the best player and the media nods in agreement.
Geno says PB is the best player and the media says ‘why is Geno disrespecting CC’
Why? Because ESPN and Disney affiliates (ABC , et al) went all-in on CC when PB went out with an ACL and for them to back off even a little would make them look like they are flip-flopping and a bit foolish to women's b-ball fans so they keep up the promotional hype that they have invested in her. I could cite many examples here but enough said. We all can see when watching ESPN the extent that they and their commentators will continue with their promoting CC.

Frankly, however, I would bet PB probably cares little about all that. In fact she and CC are friends from teenage years so PB without a doubt surely must wish her good friend all the best.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom