Social Media Engagement | The Boneyard

Social Media Engagement

Reaction Score
tenor_20784169_mediumgif_114674242289247.gif

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Was surprised to see this, but great to see nonetheless. Men blowing out UK, women beating out undefeated champ SC, and UConn as a whole blowing out Texas are eye popping

I hate this. I prefer trophies. let the kentuckys and dukes celebrate this inconsequential nonsense while we hoist the 3peat.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
I hate this. I prefer trophies. let the kentuckys and dukes celebrate this inconsequential nonsense while we hoist the 3peat.
Love how we're talking about a threepeat as if it's something that's already happened, not something that would be monumentally difficult.

You can be good on social media and also win trophies.

August_West

Reaction Score
Social media is a big part of what we do and why we are successful. Get with the times old man or get left behind.
You can “ do” social media and do it very well without trying to claim some meaningless metric, no?

August_West

Reaction Score
Why hate? We have collected trophies
Because social media bragging is what programs and their fans do when they can’t accomplish anything on the court. The better move is to be that strong ( as your opening post indicates) and just be.

Providence fans brag about social media.
Kentucky’s AD brags about social media.
Dukes players brag about social media.

See what I’m getting at?

Reaction Score
Considering where the AD social media team was only a couple years ago to now this is incredible. Obviously a reflection of performance on the floor as well but the social teams have been phenomenal the last two years especially during these championship runs. Not as much UConn+ content as last year but still miles ahead of where it used to be so a huge thank you for their efforts.

Reaction Score
Because social media bragging is what programs and their fans do when they can’t accomplish anything on the court. The better move is to be that strong ( as your opening post indicates) and just be.

See what I’m getting at?
This got real old man yells at clouds vibe. All I see is the school telling current/potential sponsors "if you want the most bang for your buck, you know who to go to".

August_West

Reaction Score
This got real old man yells at clouds vibe. All I see is the school telling current/potential sponsors "if you want the most bang for your buck, you know who to go to".
Keep thinking you know me. Sponsors know exactly where bread is buttered. That post does nothing on that front. Sponsors pay people like me to know that. They aren’t learning it from an Instagram post.

This is a result of Mitch Barnharts weak puffery about social media impressions last week when they couldn’t steal Hurley, combined with all the scuttle about McCains TikTok followers recently.

I opine that it is beneath us. Others don’t.

I’m not losing sleep over it. It’s not that big a deal.

To be clear and echo storrssouth I’m proud and grateful for the job people have been doing on behalf of UConn.

But I don’t care if we have more or less than any other school. Never did, never will.

Reaction Score

See what I’m getting at?
But we have accomplished a lot on the court. This is silly

Reaction Score
Keep thinking you know me. Sponsors know exactly where bread is buttered. That post does nothing on that front. Sponsors pay people like me to know that. They aren’t learning it from an Instagram post.

This is a result of Mitch Barnharts weak puffery about social media impressions last week when they couldn’t steal Hurley, combined with all the scuttle about McCains TikTok followers recently.

I opine that it is beneath us. Others don’t.

I’m not losing sleep over it. It’s not that big a deal.

To be clear and echo storrssouth I’m proud and grateful for the job people have been doing on behalf of UConn.

But I don’t care if we have more or less than any other school. Never did, never will.
Yeah it's definitely a dig. And it's not for sponsors it's for people who don't know how anything works. It's for the brand to show that if you come to UConn you'll be seen.

Reaction Score
Considering where the AD social media team was only a couple years ago to now this is incredible. Obviously a reflection of performance on the floor as well but the social teams have been phenomenal the last two years especially during these championship runs. Not as much UConn+ content as last year but still miles ahead of where it used to be so a huge thank you for their efforts.
The Hurley hire, the big east move, the increase in donations and the significantly improved social media. And there are still people that think Dave has done a poor job here. His biggest sin was getting here too late.

Reaction Score
Social media also factors into NIL potential for players and do this is important.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
I’m a Gen-Xer and I had to look at the post a few times to understand what it was. I’m used to looking for dollar signs but social media presence is now equally as important in today’s world.

IMG_7930.gif

caw

Reaction Score

See what I’m getting at?

It's a bit different when it is literally the SM team at UConn bragging about it. They do a great job of promoting UConn, the teams and the players. Their video creations they put on Instagram of game highlights are usually great with non-TV angles. They deserve some recognition for what they do.

August_West

Reaction Score
It's a bit different when it is literally the SM team at UConn bragging about it. They do a great job of promoting UConn, the teams and the players. Their video creations they put on Instagram of game highlights are usually great with non-TV angles.
Fully agree with the great job portion.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score

I'm thinking this also translates into NIL money

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom