So, Who's Coming to Temple? | The Boneyard

So, Who's Coming to Temple?

Status
Not open for further replies.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
My neighbor and I decided that if we beat Tulane we were going to Philadelphia for the Temple game. Hoping to see many of you there...let's go bowling!

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I made a wager with my old man this summer - if we were one win away from bowl eligibility going into the Temple game, then we'd roadtrip down to Philly and catch our first FB game together in over ten years. Whoever's putting together a tailgate, we may have interest in joining your crew for the morning.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I made a wager with my old man this summer - if we were one win away from bowl eligibility going into the Temple game, then we'd roadtrip down to Philly and catch our first FB game together in over ten years. Whoever's putting together a tailgate, we may have interest in joining your crew for the morning.

Sounds awesome! Not sure if we're gonna tailgate because we're going to leave from CT in the morning and try to do it all in one day, but I'm hoping we see a lot of blue in the stadium.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I bought 10 tickets a few weeks ago on Vivid Seats for a total of like $70. If the game was important for our bowl chances, then I would go. If we were sitting on 4 wins in the game and it was important for Temple, I'd sell them back to "Temple fans". Looks like I'm going to Philly.

Reaction Score
I got 50 yard line tickets behind the Uconn bench just now on Stubhub for $15 each. Seems like it should be a reasonable weekend and a lot of fun. Hopefully many others Husky Fans make the trip.

Reaction Score
Me + 5 possibly 6. Driving some time on Thanksgiving. Also have seats behind the bench so also, hopefully will see you there @scottieskis. Undecided about tailgating depending on weather and how much tailgating gear we can fit in the car along with everyone's suitcases. We went to a bar that was a part of the Phillies park one year when Uconn basketball was playing in the Wachovia Center in the NCAA tournament, that might be a good spot to meet up with any other Uconn fans that arent tailgating.

Reaction Score
We are just two of us and I will drive down an so I can bring plenty of tailgaiting supplys. Definetely bringing down the grill

Reaction Score
huskypantz said:
If you head down early without tailgating gear, one of my Philly favorites is Chickie and Pete's, they have one at the sports complex area.

http://chickiesandpetes.com/location/south-philadelphia/

Great place and right down the street from the stadium complex. Also the newish xfinity live next to the stadium is the best alternative to tailgaiting available pretty much anywhere.

Added link.

Last edited by a moderator:

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
I have had 4 tickets since September. Waiting to see if everyone but me bails. If so, I may end up taking the wife and will have 2 extras.

Reaction Score
Me and the wife row 17 section 101. My son lives in Philly so I have a free place to stay. Looking forward to meeting some you.

Dooley

Reaction Score
Linking the other Temple thread: http://the-boneyard.com/threads/temple-tailgate-bus-tickets.76897/

Has anyone ever trained down to Philly from New Haven (or any stop on the Metro North line)? I'm trying to piece together the itinerary of what would be needed and if getting there for Noon is even feasible. I think it is: Metro North ---> NJ Transit ----> SEPTA (Pennsauken Transit??) ---> cab/bus to stadium?

If anyone has a better way, I'm all ears. Thanks in advance!

Reaction Score
Linking the other Temple thread: http://the-boneyard.com/threads/temple-tailgate-bus-tickets.76897/

Has anyone ever trained down to Philly from New Haven (or any stop on the Metro North line)? I'm trying to piece together the itinerary of what would be needed and if getting there for Noon is even feasible. I think it is: Metro North ---> NJ Transit ----> SEPTA (Pennsauken Transit??) ---> cab/bus to stadium?

If anyone has a better way, I'm all ears. Thanks in advance!

I've trained to Philly many times. The route you just outlined is pushing it for noon. I've done that a few times and takes about 6-7 hours. Also just a heads up, the Septa is a bit sketchy from Trenton to Philly.

I strongly recommend taking Amtrak if you are considering train. Typically if you buy 2 weeks out the prices haven't skyrocketed yet. You will get there in half the time it takes on public trans.

Reaction Score
any idea when the kickoff time will be announced? I will be there if it's a night game, fingers crossed!

Dooley

Reaction Score
I've trained to Philly many times. The route you just outlined is pushing it for noon. I've done that a few times and takes about 6-7 hours. Also just a heads up, the Septa is a bit sketchy from Trenton to Philly.

I strongly recommend taking Amtrak if you are considering train. Typically if you buy 2 weeks out the prices haven't skyrocketed yet. You will get there in half the time it takes on public trans.

Thanks for the info. I'm hoping for a later kickoff - but if it's Noon, I just might have to bolt from the family and head down Friday night.

Dooley

Reaction Score
any idea when the kickoff time will be announced? I will be there if it's a night game, fingers crossed!

Won't be announced for a few weeks. The later, the better!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom