So Many Things to be Upset About | The Boneyard

So Many Things to be Upset About

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Sorry. Random rants from a really frustrated fan

1. I was an early drum banger to get rid of PP, yesterday had to seal his fate
2. Our fan base really is weak. I'm not talking about us lunatics on this board but on a beautiful homecoming day, a decent crowd shows up, but leaves way too early when it was needed the most for noise. I'm glad we chose to go into the student section during overtime for that noise. Oh nevermind, over half of them were gone by then
3. We joked about PP's comments about red zone offense last week. I think we saw what he was talking about yesterday.
4. Fuckin A wildcat. A few nice things followed by it just getting blown up. I saw the picture in the lead comment in the Section 241 review. That's how I feel about the wildcat
5. Second third and fourth quarter offensive was just weak, so weak. It was like Buffalo redux, except this time our D couldn't bail us out
6. I handed my season tickets and parking passes fpr the rest of the season to my dad in the post game tailgate yesterday. I tried to stay away from this team after WMU and of course came back (who the hell was I kidding). We'll see if I can stay away for the next home game but driving two hours each way to watch this is tough.
7. The field - I know I'm reaching here but is too much to expect a fresh coat of paint over all the graphics and lines? I'm always shocked at the visual difference when I watch other games on TV (last night it was LSU) versus the tired looking white (looked grey yesterday) and blue (which looked worn). Looked like it hadn't been painted since the Buffalo game
8. Six sacks, against Temple. Glad we moved Foley out of that role.

I love bantering with everyone on this board about this team. Last night, just couldn't bring myself to do so. Could be apathy setting in

Reaction Score
I didn't realize we had given up six sacks. I saw Kevin Friend get beat badly once, I saw Steve Greene get abused twice. Most times, at least early, I thought the line was doing a decent job. Apathy really describes how I feel. Some of that has to do with conference realignment and our place in it, but we could be going to the sunbelt and if we were undefeated like Rutgers I'd be giddy right now. The fact that they're doing it with a first year head coach speaks volumes about and Company. They suck, and I thought his hire was a good one.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I didn't realize we had given up six sacks. I saw Kevin Friend get beat badly once, I saw Steve Greene get abused twice. Most times, at least early, I thought the line was doing a decent job. Apathy really describes how I feel. Some of that has to do with conference realignment and our place in it, but we could be going to the sunbelt and if we were undefeated like Rutgers I'd be giddy right now. The fact that they're doing it with a first year head coach speaks volumes about and Company. They suck, and I thought his hire was a good one.
I would put many of the sacks on Whitmer. I honestly believe, sitting in the 4th row, that he can't see half the field because of his height and starts dancing around when he can't quickly identify his primary receiver. I don't think he has gained positive yardage on a scramble more than once this year, and that ended with a fumble. No way is the kid over six feet tall from where I'm sitting.

Reaction Score
I would put many of the sacks on Whitmer. I honestly believe, sitting in the 4th row, that he can't see half the field because of his height and starts dancing around when he can't quickly identify his primary receiver. I don't think he has gained positive yardage on a scramble more than once this year, and that ended with a fumble. No way is the kid over six feet tall from where I'm sitting.
I thing you're right...but at I prefaced my post saying it was a random rant.

Football is such a crazy game with players and plays so intertwined. Little things that don't get taken care of that are amplified on every play. Whitmer, the line, the play call, the line coach change, the offensive philosophy, the O Coordinator, the head coach....all for the want of a nail

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I've been as critical of the O line as anyone, but CW was noticeably holding the ball longer in the 2nd half. Though I saw Friend get beat at least once for a sack, they are not fully to blame.

The 2 ypc average we continue to put out there every week as a bad impression of a running game is something else entirely.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
I put two sacks on CW... The other times it was a jailbreak as noted by Noeynox. He took a few serious pops as well. Kid's a gamer tho...

Skibs - I sit in 202 and was thinking the same thing. Football IQ of most of out fan base is so lacking at times. I was almost hoping DJ Joey invited everyone to his Rave in the end zone.

Reaction Score
Well, at least the people here give a . Even if we disagree amongst ourselves so often.

I'd say 98% here want these jokers canned. The other 2% mean well, but they shouldn't extend the benefit of the doubt.

We don't have much time left. Three years of a downward spiral may be too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom