Snippets ... what's going on? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Snippets ... what's going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I was kicking around the idea of adding BeIn this fall, but then I saw I'd have to add a dozen other sports channels for $20 a month as well. I already get a zillion sports channels.

BeIn and channels like that should start subscription services on the web. I'd pay $4-5 a month.

Reaction Score
You can't be serious.
Not sure how picking up two completely-unknown-at-the-time Hall of Fame coaches, and a third whose first two seasons evidence a Hall of Fame trajectory doesn't qualify as pulling rabbits out of a hats.

Reaction Score
Not sure how picking up two completely-unknown-at-the-time Hall of Fame coaches, and a third whose first two seasons evidence a Hall of Fame trajectory doesn't qualify as pulling rabbits out of a hats.

Once again ... Apples and Oranges.

We did get extraordinarily good fortune hiring Jim Calhoun and Geno Auriemma. And Kevin Ollie is a blessing as well. You really can't see 700 wins a priori. But ... when you think of Randy Edsall, Ray Reid, Joe Marrone, Jim Penders, Nancy Stevens ... it's not all coincidence. I hate Jeff Hathaway's view of the world; he punted on PP. But ... we have had some really good coaches and, then, HOF quality.

And of the 4 National Championships ... the other fruit. I would say that I agree with what was written: we were 1 and 1a with Duke in 1999; and maybe amongst the top 20 TEAMS in the last 30 years (just 2 in one year). We won because of our Will. 2004, in spite of the Duke scare, we were the best ... by far - I thought. So, 2011 and 2014, I would say that we are the toughest and most champion-ready program. We have that shot in every tournament we are in - "we are bred for Champion status". I actually looked at our bracket this year ... and thought, hmm, we can do this. A solid guard pair is always a tough out. I thought we matured and came together brilliantly. In 2014, that run was hard and an eye-opener. I think the 9-9 Conference record and the odd play through February was very concerning. That, to me, was a bigger odds Champion.

Reaction Score
This is why. It's called hard work and doing your homework. Just like Calhoun and Co. had a way of finding talent while K would simply dial up the kids on the McD's list.

Reaction Score
How can the TV money being rising so quickly in some anecdotal situations?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...mcast-signs-on-to-carry-sec-network/12831855/

The SEC Network just got Comcast to sign the dotted line today, in addition to Cox's deal that was already made. Some on another CR board are saying that the SEC Network is getting $1.40 per subscriber within the SEC footprint and $0.25 per subscriber outside its footprint. Not sure how much will be ESPN's cut, but I'm sure the SEC will get a decent share of the revenue.

Reaction Score
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...mcast-signs-on-to-carry-sec-network/12831855/

The SEC Network just got Comcast to sign the dotted line today, in addition to Cox's deal that was already made. Some on another CR board are saying that the SEC Network is getting $1.40 per subscriber within the SEC footprint and $0.25 per subscriber outside its footprint. Not sure how much will be ESPN's cut, but I'm sure the SEC will get a decent share of the revenue.

BTN is 50% revenues go to Fox, 50% to B1G.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom