sneakers | The Boneyard

sneakers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We have discussed height. How about shoe size? Is Moriah's foot really so small that they could not fit her with those pinkie/red road sneaks nor with the mostly white of tonight?

Reaction Score
We have discussed height. How about shoe size? Is Moriah's foot really so small that they could not fit her with those pinkie/red road sneaks nor with the mostly white of tonight?
They just didn't have her size readily available. Eventually she'll have her matching pairs.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
They had the same issue with Lorin Dixon at times.

Reaction Score

I believe it. I'm about Moriah's height and have kind of big feet; I wear a size 9 or 10. I would guess that, because they're taller than average, most of your college players wear between a size 9 and 13. If Moriah's a size 8 or smaller, they probably don't make too many of her size. If these are factory standard shoes, i.e. exactly what you can buy off the shelf, then they probably set aside a big pile to send to colleges and don't put any smaller shoes in the pile. If they're a special order, then again, they probably don't automatically produce the smaller shoes in these elite college packages.

I remember when neither Lorin Dixon nor Tina Charles wore the special shoes; Lorin's feet were too small and Tina's were too big.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Moriah wears a child's size 6 which is a shoe just under 160 mm long. The smallest adult shoe size appears to be a size 3, while is about 215 mm.

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
Moriah wears a child's size 6 which is a shoe just under 160 mm long. The smallest adult shoe size appears to be a size 3, while is about 215 mm.

Phil...that is why you are the stats guru....:) all I can add is those tiny feet have scored 161 points, dished 73 assists, stolen 38 steals and grabbed 44 rebounds. Oh and she has only 29 turnovers in 441 minutes...:cool: Go MoJet...!!

Edit - And two fabulous blocked shots...!!!!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Phil...that is why you are the stats guru....:) all I can add is those tiny feet have scored 161 points, dished 73 assists, stolen 38 steals and grabbed 44 rebounds. Oh and she has only 29 turnovers in 441 minutes...:cool: Go MoJet...!!
You keep forgetting about the two blocked shots. :)

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Despite the quality (super high) of Moriah's playing, there are two reasons she is not seriously considered for AA honors this season:

Odyssey Sims is deservedly the consensus AA point guard; and,

Moriah must "stand in line," so to speak, as (alphabetical order) Dolson, Hartley, Mosqueda-Lewis, and Stewart are all bona fide AA candidates. It will be a big surprise for any AA selection committee to name three (of a five-player AA team) UConn players, and virtually impossible to name four (even for a ten-player AA team).​

Next season, she may be given recognition comparable to what Sims now gets, but the selectors/voters/committees will still have to overcome their traditional reluctance to pick three players (Moriah, KML and Stewie) from any one team.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I remember when neither Lorin Dixon nor Tina Charles wore the special shoes; Lorin's feet were too small and Tina's were too big.
Exactly.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Despite the quality (super high) of Moriah's playing, there are two reasons she is not seriously considered for AA honors this season:

Odyssey Sims is deservedly the consensus AA point guard; and,

Moriah must "stand in line," so to speak, as (alphabetical order) Dolson, Hartley, Mosqueda-Lewis, and Stewart are all bona fide AA candidates. It will be a big surprise for any AA selection committee to name three (of a five-player AA team) UConn players, and virtually impossible to name four (even for a ten-player AA team).​

Next season, she may be given recognition comparable to what Sims now gets, but the selectors/voters/committees will still have to overcome their traditional reluctance to pick three players (Moriah, KML and Stewie) from any one team.
Jefferson could be looking at the Lieberman Award the next couple of years though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom