SMU observation | The Boneyard

SMU observation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I know a lot of posts are talking about our ineptitude but I think SMU had something to do with it.

Those guys were athletic, quick and coached by a pro. Sure they are not top 10, but it did show that we just may have a problem with athletic teams. DD, Giff, Calhoun and our bigs are not very athletic, high-jumping, quick or fast. Hell even their size/quickness bothered Boat, and Bazz to an extent.

I post this only to say that I am concerned how we handle similar type teams in the future, as we got exposed somewhat, not just by our bigs but the team as a whole. I think Cincy has similar size and talent (i.e. athletisicm) as well as Ville. I'm not confident we have an answer outside of our guards and hitting our 3 point shots.

Reaction Score
One thing that's concerning is that both AAC teams we've seen have been more athletic than us. Boat is a great athlete but after that our guys are mostly average to below average. Both SMU and Houston were quicker, faster, stronger, and tougher than us.

Reaction Score
I know a lot of posts are talking about our ineptitude but I think SMU had something to do with it.

Those guys were athletic, quick and coached by a pro. Sure they are not top 10, but it did show that we just may have a problem with athletic teams. DD, Giff, Calhoun and our bigs are not very athletic, high-jumping, quick or fast. Hell even their size/quickness bothered Boat, and Bazz to an extent.

I post this only to say that I am concerned how we handle similar type teams in the future, as we got exposed somewhat, not just by our bigs but the team as a whole. I think Cincy has similar size and talent (i.e. athletisicm) as well as Ville. I'm not confident we have an answer outside of our guards and hitting our 3 point shots.

I agree. UConn has come from humble beginnings and it took a long time to establish ourselves. Our success was earned not given. So now that we are in the AAC, we fans and perhaps players, feel that we do not need to earn it. Teams like SMU have something to prove, and they played that way. We are a good team also, but we need to earn it. The non-BE AAC teams are all better than we think.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I agree. SMU is a good team. And we can't play a team with Bigs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads