Slightly OT - Husky Vision | The Boneyard

Slightly OT - Husky Vision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So this month was my first month in picking up a subscription (luckily just the $10 for one month, which I'll be promptly cancelling) for husky vision. Have my TV hooked up to my home network and can broadcast the game over it, so I figured why not, since I'm far away and am completely ready for this hoops season to start.

However, upon getting everything set up, I had to keep on going back to the server thinking something was wrong with the Audio, as there was no commentary. Low and behold, I heard a random commentator announce the name of the first shooter. I quickly realized that this was how it was going to be, so I also clicked "Listen Live" to open up the 1080 live broadcast, and I timed up the video with the audio as if JoeD was calling the game through my tv.

Does anyone have any idea as to the reasoning behind the lackluster production of this? At a minimum, put through the 1080 live audio feed for play by play, seeing how IMG has the online rights to them. Also, while foul shots are not all that important in preseason games, it's extremely annoying to have the video cut away for all foul shots, and on top of it not brought back on in a timely fashion.

I'll be watching tonight with the same setup, but jeesh. $10 a month for this?

Reaction Score
It's been better in previous years. It's always the jumbo screen feed, which has the obvious issue of not showing free throws, but in the past they combined the radio and video in one feed and even overlaid the score (gasp). I have no idea why they regressed.

Reaction Score
If you have huskyvision.

Open two windows, put the huskyvision audio on one, and put the huskyvision video on the other and mute the sound.

You may have to play a tiny bit to sync them up, but this helps immensely.

Reaction Score
I know Joe D said that there were some technical issues during the first game that prevented them from streaming audio and video together. Hoping it's worked out for tonight.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I know Joe D said that there were some technical issues during the first game that prevented them from streaming audio and video together. Hoping it's worked out for tonight.
Women's exhibition had both video and audio so hopefully problem is solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom