Skylar Finished for the Year | The Boneyard

Skylar Finished for the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
funny-sad-cute-face-puppy-dog-brown.jpg

Darn darn darn...... hate to see any athlete go down with an injury. Sad for her, and for Tulsa... as they were off to such a great start....

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Damn! I've never been a big fan of Skylar, but I feel badly for her over this injury. After a very up-and-down freshman campaign, she's been very good for the past season and a fraction. I hope she comes back at 100%. I had heard that she would miss 4 games; this is much worse news. This can't help her in competing for Team USA for Rio.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
That stinks! Tulsa was having a play off year.

Isn't Sims out still as well?

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
This news makes me :(

She was starting to really hit her stride and so was Tulsa as a team.

Reaction Score
I didn't see the injury, but I heard it looked bad even though she was able to walk away. (the dreaded inward knee bend) Makes me sad to see it happen to any player - I hate that injury.

Reaction Score
How is it negative? Really? I posted that EDD should be the MVP... many agree with that statement. I never said I was happy Diggins was injured. I just spoke of the of the MVP.

As for a UCONN Killer? Please that girl was so lucky in college because she had a number of games where the refs fell for the acting of the Notre Dame players as they were "fouled".

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
[QUOTE="

As for a UCONN Killer? Please that girl was so lucky in college because she had a number of games where the refs fell for the acting of the Notre Dame players as they were "fouled".[/QUOTE]

Wrong
The won fair and square, were just tougher

Reaction Score
[QUOTE="

As for a UCONN Killer? Please that girl was so lucky in college because she had a number of games where the refs fell for the acting of the Notre Dame players as they were "fouled".

Wrong
The won fair and square, were just tougher[/QUOTE]
That is your opinion. Of course go back and watch the UCONN ND matchups and watch the ND players just fall to the ground when no one is around and watch them get foul calls and see UCONN's, Genos's, etc reactions to those calls. My opinion is she is a good player, but you some want to make her out to be more than she is.
Sue Bird 2 national titles, Skylar Diggins 0.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Wrong
That is your opinion. Of course go back and watch the UCONN ND matchups and watch the ND players just fall to the ground when no one is around and watch them get foul calls and see UCONN's, Genos's, etc reactions to those calls. My opinion is she is a good player, but you some want to make her out to be more than she is.

I seem (?) to want to make her out to be....

Where did I say that?

on edit: I had a typo too...sorry

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Milford Husky's pondering about her Rio chances is interesting. My bet is that she was more and more on the USA radar with her latest play. Say about 9 months out with the tear...early April return...maybe at less than 100%? Bird and Taurasi won't be around forever...they need to develop young guards for future Olympiads. My guess [hope] is that MoJeff will be getting a close look as a pure point who can defend, take it to the basket, shoot from deep, hit that mid-range jumper she is working on...and still be a pass-first point...would love to see her in Rio.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Lol at the energy over the "UConn Killer" line. Is Diggins the WBBB equivalent of Christian () Laettner?

Anyway sorry to hear about Diggins. She obviously wasn't a favorite of mine, but, as has been said above you hate to see an athlete get injured.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Milford Husky's pondering about her Rio chances is interesting. My bet is that she was more and more on the USA radar with her latest play. Say about 9 months out with the tear...early April return...maybe at less than 100%? Bird and Taurasi won't be around forever...they need to develop young guards for future Olympiads. My guess [hope] is that MoJeff will be getting a close look as a pure point who can defend, take it to the basket, shoot from deep, hit that mid-range jumper she is working on...and still be a pass-first point...would love to see her in Rio.
Odessey Sims is probably up next for a 2016 PG position incase Skylar can go. MoJeff is probably looking at 2020 olympics for a real opportunity.

Reaction Score
of course someone would try and have something negative to say about the Uconn Killer!
Yo Go - Can't give Skylar or Muffitt the "Killer" label when they couldn't come through on the "Big One" that year. Geno/CD and the team knew when to rise to the occasion. Another poster said it also -- ND/Skylar = 0 NC

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Wrong
[/QUOTE]

What in the Sam Hill does that have to do with a rising star going down with a season ending injury ? Good gosh. I would say more... but dont want to get a mod edit :rolleyes:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
What in the Sam Hill does that have to do with a rising star going down with a season ending injury ? Good gosh. I would say more... but dont want to get a mod edit :rolleyes:
It's about Skylar on a UCONN board. You don't have to look hard to find caring sympathetic post, but because it's about Skylar you will always get a tinge of ..... mixed in.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
She's not among my all-time favorites, but that isn't a pre-requisite for human compassion. She has worked very hard to get her game to this point. I am saddened that she has to put it on hold for awhile. But SD is a competitor if nothing else, and she will accept the challenge and come back stronger. I certainly hope so.

When Natalie Achonwa went down in the 2014 tourney, I doubt any Huskies fan was happy about it, even if it obviously benefitted UConn. Nobody deserves to have their goals destroyed.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I'd love to see Moriah too, but I think we see Odyssey instead, if healthy. Odyssey was in Turkey last year, so she has the advantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom