SI.com College basketball conference previews: AAC | The Boneyard

SI.com College basketball conference previews: AAC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
There is precisely 0 chance that those are the scoring averages at the end of the year. One of Purvis/Hamilton/Brimah/Facey will emerge as a #2 and put up 15 or so a game.

That is the problem with use statistical models to predict jumps in CBB. Its not like the NBA where you can model likely production because there is little/no track record with these players.

This is where stats get stupid.

Reaction Score
I don't think those stat projections are unreasonable at all. Purvis' numbers seem light, but the general theme of a balanced attack makes sense to me.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Man Cincy lost everybody.

Reaction Score
There is precisely 0 chance that those are the scoring averages at the end of the year. One of Purvis/Hamilton/Brimah/Facey will emerge as a #2 and put up 15 or so a game.

That is the problem with use statistical models to predict jumps in CBB. Its not like the NBA where you can model likely production because there is little/no track record with these players.

This is where stats get stupid.

If Kentan Facey emerges as our #2 option and scores 15 ppg then we will go undefeated..

Purvis and Hamilton very likely (in fact almost guaranteed it will be one of those 2). I think we will be happy if Brimah and Facey average 15 ppg combined.

Reaction Score
Freshman of the Year: Daniel Hamilton, UConn
A 6-foot-7 swingman from California, Hamilton is from a long line of college basketball players. Battles with brothers Jordan (who played at Texas and is now with the Houston Rockets), Gary (a senior at Miami) and Isaac (a sophomore at UCLA) have helped prepare him to shine in his first year of college basketball. He’ll push it on the break and bring versatility every time he steps on the floor.

Wow??? How off can this be?
Jordan wasn't resigned by the Rockets. He's trying to make the Toronto Raptors without a guaranteed deal @ age 24.
Gary last played for Miami like 8 years ago and plays overseas. I think he's around age 30.
Isaac is still a Freshmen eligibility wise. He's never played a college game yet.

Reaction Score
I wonder if that's just what pops up when you google them. I'll bet Gary's senior year Miami page is what comes up for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom