Show Me a Hero | The Boneyard

Show Me a Hero

Reaction Score
Four episodes in now. Anybody been watching it? What do you think? Definitely has the "The Wire" feel, and the return of Wire actors is nice (at least Namond, pretty sure Rawls is in there along with Brother Mouzone). Acting as a whole has been good.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Really good very mini series. They easily could have made it 10 or 12 episodes by not skipping years at a time, but I imagine the filler would just be more angry town meetings and such. But overall, a strong effort - acting was solid, story was engrossing, and the fact it was based on actual events made it even better. It was cool to be transported back to the late 80s/early 90s with big phones and other things of the era.

Reaction Score
What is this on guys? Sounds like I need to check it out.

Reaction Score
Wife watched the 1st 4 episodes with me. THEN she googled the main character & read the outcome. She couldn't bring herself to watch the final 2 hours with me.

Reaction Score
*******Spoiler Alert******* I'm not normally a big Paul Haggis fan but this was really well done and quite prescient for today's political time. A loud and ugly minority played into peoples worst fears and while thinking they were protecting their neighborhood they were only destroying their own city and showing discrimination to their own neighbors. This really gave a good look into how politics works and how it can be an avenue for a lot of good and bad and can raise people to great heights and also destroy them. This series had Michael Simons fingerprints all over it. I didn't know much about the Yonkers case going into it so it was nice to see Oscar Newman was behind the housing plan, the man was a visionary. Nick Wasicsko's story left me incredibly sad and he was beautifully played by Oscar Isaac.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom