Shout out to the seniors | The Boneyard

Shout out to the seniors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I know there are much bigger things at stake, but I thought it worth a moment to stop and reflect on the fact that tonight is Bazz's last game as a Husky. And what a perfect stage it is for his last act! He is undoubtedly one of our all time greats, but we have plenty of time later to debate where he ranks on everyone's personal Rushmore. Quite frankly, tonight I'll be way too caught up in the game to give this any thought, so for a moment this morning I am going to slow down, give thanks for all the great moments, and revel in the fact that we have one more chance to watch Bazz play as a Husky. From his days as the Reach Around Bandit to his current status as the best player, and leader, in college basketball - wow what a ride it's been.

Despite what the media says, we are not a one man team. Likewise, this is not a one man class. Giffey and Olander both contributed to our last championship (Tyler was a freaking starter!), and we will need them again tonight if we want to win another. Giffey in particular - I have a feeling the defense is going to forget about him, and as a result he is going to get some good looks. If you want an X factor prediction for tonight, Giffey gets my vote without a doubt.

This group, led by Bazz, was the bridge between the Calhoun and Ollie eras. They stuck with us when we needed them the most, and now they have a chance to win a second championship which is something that few college athletes ever get to experience. Talk about special!

This group of seniors will always have a special place in my heart. So Bazz, Giffey, Olander - thank you - and go get 'em tonight!

Reaction Score
Should rename this thread "Shout out to the Senhors."

CMON OP! Wasted an opportunity!!!

In all seriousness though, all of the seniors who have been with this team through some of the toughest times, they're the best and will live UConn history forever.

Go get em boys!

Reaction Score
All the best to this group of seniors. No matter what happens tonight, they have made us all proud with their commitment to the university and the way they have contributed to our UCONN Basketball Tradition. It is great to see how much they have grown since they arrived as freshman. I wish them all the best in their lives and careers. Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
I think this senior class has been as important as any in UConn's history. Admit it, 2 years ago, with the Big East crumbling, with our team ineligible for everything, with a new unproven coach, we all had doubts. These guys stayed when they didn't have to (as did the current juniors and sophomores). The experience made them stronger and bound them together.

Forget that these seniors already have rings, they have brought this program back from uncertainty to the forefront of the sport.

Pretty special that in their last season they get to play the final game played by anyone. Let's hope its one more W.

Reaction Score
I can't get used to the idea of not seeing Bazz, Giffey and Tyler in a Husky uniform I sure as hell will miss them, love them love my huskies let's go out with a BANG!

Reaction Score
Some schools are able to rank their greatest all time players. But when you are "UConn...damn it"...it ain't easy. Oops...sorry Phil..it's not easy.

Reaction Score
only plus: we don't need to carry a dermatologist on the men's basketball training staff next year. unless you're the dermatologist.

Reaction Score
upload_2014-4-7_15-58-52.png

Reaction Score
A big Ditto to my post of March 5 ,
I will shed tears tonite : maybe for a win ,certainly never for a loss, but absolutely for watching these seniors play for the last time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom