Shout out to Ronda Rousey! | The Boneyard

Shout out to Ronda Rousey!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
[QUOTE="Ouremblem, post: 1381446, member: 1831 "How can something so pretty hurt so much?".[/QUOTE]

Ever seen a coral snake?:eek:

Reaction Score
Rhonda had promised to make this fight last longer than her last two (16 seconds & 14 seconds) because she was going to punish Bethe for making fun of her father, who had committed suicide. She kept her word. This fight lasted 34 seconds - more than her last two fights combined.

Reaction Score
The entire fight is on you tube already. She could have took her to the ground but wanted to finish her off boxing. The left hooks before the right hand that put Bethe down were nasty, as was bethe's eye after the fight. She promised Bethe she'd look different after the fight. And Ronda talked about all the mistakes she made after the fight?! Her support on Twitter was amazing last night! All walks of life, male and female. Ronda can beat you any style you try.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I get that female (and probably even male) MMA is very new and the talent pool isn't very deep, but that's ridiculous.

That was a loosely organized bar fight.

Reaction Score
You go, girl! "How can something so pretty hurt so much?".
Have you ever seen the Uconn women on the red carpet at the ESPYs? On another note, Rousey said at the post fight, that she tries to seek the perfect fight..knows it is not possible..but she still pursues it. She could play for Uconn...

Reaction Score
The entire fight is on you tube already. She could have took her to the ground but wanted to finish her off boxing. The left hooks before the right hand that put Bethe down were nasty, as was bethe's eye after the fight. She promised Bethe she'd look different after the fight. And Ronda talked about all the mistakes she made after the fight?! Her support on Twitter was amazing last night! All walks of life, male and female. Ronda can beat you any style you try.
I bet Nan could beat her.:D

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Can't stand MMA on any level. Didn't even know who Rousy was until she showed up on SI a few issues back. I simply don't get the appeal.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
She has a new nickname...Rowdy Rhonda Rousey....apparently she asked Rowdy Roddy Piper's son if she could use the name and he OK'ed it.

toadfoot

To live will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction Score
Can't understand why anyone would want to do this, even less why anyone would want to watch and even less than that why anyone would pay to watch.

Reaction Score
Ronda grew up in the MMA world. Her mom has MMA experience. Ronda was one of the best judo athletes in the world. I get the appeal because MMA is where you can actually use your skills if your someone who has been involved with judo, boxing, muay thai, jiu jitsu and so on. I would only have a problem with it if one of the two fighters were in the octagon against there will.

Reaction Score
She has a new nickname...Rowdy Rhonda Rousey....apparently she asked Rowdy Roddy Piper's son if she could use the name and he OK'ed it.

Actually, she's had the nickname for quite some time now. It was Roddy Piper himself, who allowed Ronda to use the nickname before her first ever MMA fight.

Reaction Score
It was announced today that paramount will be doing a movie based on her biography with Ronda playing herself.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
I know about nothing about MMA. But, sometime in the last year I started hearing about Ronda. I started seeing her appear as a guest on shows here and there. I started to learn that she was undefeated. I started to hear how dynamic she was and started hearing about her quick and decisive victories.

She kind of reminds me of Sugar Ray Leonard. Someone in the normally less visible weight classes but has that "something extra" in performance /personality that just makes them fascinating.

I still have no desire to watch MMA but I will be watching and following what happens with this lady "Rowdy Ronda Rousey".
Hey. Better than following Kim what's her name...

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
It is a violent sport. It is a combat sport. I can respect the opinions of any who find it distasteful. But watching the MMA greats, and Rousey is clearly one of them, I also respect their work, dedication, strength, skill, and athletic talent. There is a world of difference between boxing (shall we dance?), bogus rasslin' and MMA.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I know about nothing about MMA. But, sometime in the last year I started hearing about Ronda. I started seeing her appear as a guest on shows here and there. I started to learn that she was undefeated. I started to hear how dynamic she was and started hearing about her quick and decisive victories.

She kind of reminds me of Sugar Ray Leonard. Someone in the normally less visible weight classes but has that "something extra" in performance /personality that just makes them fascinating.

I still have no desire to watch MMA but I will be watching and following what happens with this lady "Rowdy Ronda Rousey".
Hey. Better than following Kim what's her name...
Don't follow her or any of the family, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom