Shabazz to NBA... | The Boneyard

Shabazz to NBA...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Muhammad that is. Hopefully more jump and that will convince Napier to stay. I would say he stays since his foot is acting up at the worst possible time.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Here's a good rule of thumb about these clever little bait and switch type posts:

Don't do it. People will want to hurt you.

Me, for example.

Anywho, I do suspect that he's leaning towards leaving - the foot thing will be an issue, among a lot of other things. He's had a great year, but foot problems have a way of becoming chronic.

All that aside, I think UConn's situation has kept him from getting the buzz he'd need/deserve. As much as we'd like to think the NBA scouts are geniuses, they make enough mistakes to make me think hype plays a role in who they draft. Bazz hasn't gotten his share.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
Here's a good rule of thumb about these clever little bait and switch type posts:

Don't do it. People will want to hurt you.

Me, for example.

Fishy I'm pretty sure you have wanted to hurt everyone here at one time or another.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
That's certainly true - but it's the rest of these savages that I'm trying to protect you from.

Thanks for that. At least Huskyfandan hasn't seen this yet...

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
fishy has turned me back on and to be honest calling some of us here savages is a pretty nice term in a all reality. this thread gets the gold star every kid gets in 2nd grade for getting a 75 or higher on a 20 word spelling test. i never got one of those mother fruckers. i was to busy exaplaining to my teacher how rays touch was more deadly than viatnam. the humor is this thread has yet to show up. i will wait. i have heard better jokes at funerals in my head while carrying the casket of a loved one. i know killers that would murder this thread while u sleep easy thinking the giggles are plentiful. next time u post just remember hartford aint no joke and this state don take kindly to silly ass bazz posts. the only way this thread could be any worse is if u posted it on april fools day. the joke u tried to pull off is so bad that ppl reading it would think the combo of the 2 deserve each other. but here is the other side of this. our providence freind loves to post in every thread here so since he has not yet posted in this one this thread still has some hope. i expect him to say as reply to your op that ledo will go higher than bazz(omfg little girl voice which one hehehehehe...). then he will tell us why cooley developed ledo and how great the future is for providence.

i have news for this thread. ucla can suck liberal nut sack for all i care. lastly, sbabazz napier is going pro. i am not worried about his injury being serious and changing his already 1 foot out the door.

Reaction Score
Muhammad that is. Hopefully more jump and that will convince Napier to stay. I would say he stays since his foot is acting up at the worst possible time.

Creativity is plus for a BYer........while I found this thread first for obvious reasons I also like the laugh it brings........

And if you don't look out the peep hole when someone knocks on your door you're crazy, Fishy is setting you up for the most unexpected punch-in-the-throat of the century!!!;)

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
Dude, players are injured , BE and NCAA tourney ban , the teams giving us their heart every game and everyone's nervous about if we can still recruit top kids because of our conference situation . You can't be a 100% fan. It's Sunday morning for gods sake.

Reaction Score
I expect Bazz will return. The foot injury will hurt his chances of getting drafted. This will be two years in a row with a foot injury. He will need to come back to show the NBA that he is not injury prone. The NBA season is so long that right now there is a big question if SN is durable enough for this. He needs to come back to prove his durability.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
I have an offer he can't refuse. Stay another year and be the first player drafted from the yet unnamed conference.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Sometimes I will get a chuckle after having been duped....not this one, it generated more of a "you really suck" response.

Reaction Score
I expect Bazz will return. The foot injury will hurt his chances of getting drafted. This will be two years in a row with a foot injury. He will need to come back to show the NBA that he is not injury prone. The NBA season is so long that right now there is a big question if SN is durable enough for this. He needs to come back to prove his durability.
I agree. It boils down to whether JC and KO believe he will be drafted in the first round or not. If I were a GM and I though Bazz could play in the league I would still need to see if his foot could survive a full college season let alone an NBA one.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
Just straight mauled. Awful, late night decision to post.

Reaction Score
lastly, sbabazz napier is going pro. i am not worried about his injury being serious and changing his already 1 foot out the door.
I don't know either way if Bazz goes pro, would hate to see him leave and not get drafted. If he has people telling him he's a late 1st/2nd rounder this year and next years draft is much stronger then maybe...otherwise seems like a mistake to leave.

Reaction Score
I agree. It boils down to whether JC and KO believe he will be drafted in the first round or not.

Wrong. It boils down to whether they believe he's more likely to go higher in the draft this year or next year.

Let's say hypothetically we know exactly how this year and next year are going to play out. Say this year he's projected as an early second round pick, with maybe a 5% chance of going in the first round. Then let's say next year he's a late second round pick at best, with no chance of going in the first round.

Is the right move to come back simply because he's not going to be a first round pick this year? Of course not!

Please don't bother picking this apart by saying "well we don't know what's going to happen next year". Obviously I know that. I'm just using it to illustrate the point that coming back isn't always the best move, even when you're not expected to be a first-rounder.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
NBADraft.net and DraftExpress.com don't have him on the board but its possible Bazz works his way into the second round as he is closing strong.

I think he returns. Bazz will likely be the premier PG of the transition Big East at the end of his Senior year.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
A sprained ankle is no big deal but a recurrent or chronic injury that has already required surgery will definitely affect draft status.
Bazz had an awesome stretch over the last few games and looked like he would really move up the draft projections but still is likely a lower first-round pick at best (20+).
However, if there are legimate questions about his durability, he could go from lower first round to undrafted very quickly and after declaring would then have to prove his NBA worthiness in tryouts, which would be even tougher if not healthy. It would be a much better option to prove his durability and lead the Huskies to success by playing his senior year.

Reaction Score
For what it's worth Chad Ford (ESPN) doesn't have him on his top 30 (not even top 35 as he goes 5 extra picks on the outside of the 1st round).

I think he stays and we make a serious run into the NCAA tourney next year.

Reaction Score
If I was a doctor i would err on the side of caution and I assume he is gone.

If I was a salesman I would not have a problem selling either scenario. From the outside looking in it seems like a fifty-fifty scenario.

If I was a pimp....

If I was a priest...

As a fan I really hope he comes back.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
If I was a doctor i would err on the side of caution and I assume he is gone.

If I was a salesman I would not have a problem selling either scenario. From the outside looking in it seems like a fifty-fifty scenario.

If I was a pimp....i would give him a fee hour with my best snow bunny

If I was a priest...i would pray he is a lottery pick next year

As a fan I really hope he comes back.

fixed

Reaction Score
Which testicle would you like us to remove first?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom