Shabazz Ranking | The Boneyard

Shabazz Ranking

• Thread starter Deleted member 3149
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 3149

Not sure how many of you guys have checked this out, but Shabazz is ranked as the #7 player in the country according to statsheet. I've been following it for most of the year, and used to check it out occasionally on previous years. Shabazz has been bouncing around anywhere from #20 to #7 now. If he returns, he'd be the only top 10 player to come back. I really don't see anyone else in the top 10 coming back besides Bazz. Ipso facto, we have the best returning player in the country on our team next year. (and if you're really bored, you can check out that Boat, Omar, and DeAndre are all within the top 163......boat checking in at #53 is big time as well.)

http://statsheet.com/mcb/statrank/players

Reaction Score
Not sure how many of you guys have checked this out, but Shabazz is ranked as the #7 player in the country according to statsheet. I've been following it for most of the year, and used to check it out occasionally on previous years. Shabazz has been bouncing around anywhere from #20 to #7 now. If he returns, he'd be the only top 10 player to come back. I really don't see anyone else in the top 10 coming back besides Bazz. Ipso facto, we have the best returning player in the country on our team next year. (and if you're really bored, you can check out that Boat, Omar, and DeAndre are all within the top 163......boat checking in at #53 is big time as well.)

http://statsheet.com/mcb/statrank/players
Bazz, Franklin and Taylor Smith are the only players in the top 25 who could come back. Franklin is debatable.

Also, in talking about Taylor Smith, Stephen F Austin is going to win their 1st round game in the tournament.

D

Deleted member 3149

If Shabazz stays, he will literally save the UConn program.

Shabazz goes, we struggle to find our identity next year. Sure, we'll have a great team with Omar, DeAndre and Boat, but we still won't have our leader. Any team that loses its leader struggles to play cohesive basketball. If this is the case, we also face more adversity in our NNNBE conference. Recruits will still come for 2014, but I have a feeling that they will be hesitant on our future if we're struggling as a team with everything else that is going on in the world of conference realignment. Team struggles, uncertain future...not very reassuring.

Shabazz stays, we have a tremendous year. 8 of our 9 losses this year were completely winnable, and everyone is returning to turn those into wins. Assuming the NNNBE is awful next year, which is the plan, we will have a great record. We'll be able to handle the lower grade teams quite easily, and we'll even be able to beat Louisville and Cincy, as they will be losing some key assets. As a result ,we go on to most likely win our conference, and have a chance at a deep tourney run. If we make it to the elite 8 or further, that is priceless exposure for the program. It proves that players love UConn and are willing to fight through the adversity to play for the university. It proves that they trust coach ollie, and that they trust one another. Recruits want this. Parents want this. It just adds to the 3 titles and 17 big east championships that we have.

Not to mention, 2014 is the first year that the practice facility will be open. What a smooth transition that is for 2014 recruits. A team just made a deep run in the tournament, now Ollie wants new recruits to step in and take over....(by the way the new 2014 recruits get to practice in a 32 million dollar practice facility. Not too shabby)

And from there, I'm assuming we'll be in a power conference. I have a hard time believing we'll be a mid major by 2014...it's just not possible. And if all works out, we are back to our UConn ways, and can party like it's 1999.

So please stay Shabazz...For you, for us, for the program. You are the future!

Reaction Score
Gorgui Dieng will probably be back too (i'd imagine)
Definitely possible, but my guess is he leaves. During last nights broadcasts they talked about all the NBA scouts at the game and said they were there to see him first.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Check out the measure of bazz post, the Statsheet rankings for the top 25 guards and wooden finalists are all posted there in the first row (statrank). Bazz has been top 10 since mid season. I break down his performance in 5 main stat categories including his clutch deltas and compare him to UConn's all time great pgs.

Reaction Score
We've all seen Bazz for 3 years and he still hasn't maxed his potential. Its unfortunate that his sophomore year was with a disjointed team and his junior year's team was inexperienced with a huge donut, and little bench. Next year everyone comes back better, they can handle Bazz's passes and knows how to play with him. Its a toss up (NBA declaration) for next year, but with a more seasoned UConn team year his numbers will jump. I will add the instant national recognition will also skyrocket. I say this because he is electrifying and I personally hope to see that every game, all game.

Reaction Score
Shabazz stays, we have a tremendous year. 8 of our 9 losses this year were completely winnable, and everyone is returning to turn those into wins. Assuming the NNNBE is awful next year, which is the plan, we will have a great record. We'll be able to handle the lower grade teams quite easily, and we'll even be able to beat Louisville and Cincy, as they will be losing some key assets. As a result ,we go on to most likely win our conference, and have a chance at a deep tourney run.
I would love for Shabazz to stay and if he does I like our chances in the NNBE conf next year...it won't be a cakewalk though. We'll be playing every team twice...Louisville will be good, Memphis is good now and has #2 ranked class coming in, Temple & Cincy should be good, not sure about Houston/Fla schools but I would expect them to be ok....decent recruits this/next year, SMU has Larry Brown and Rutgers on road never easy.

If Bazz comes back (and maybe if doesn't) we should be the favorite but don't expect 17-1. I promise you the new league will not be awful....which is a very good thing if we are calling it home for a couple years. Sprinkle in 6 "quailty" and 6 "cupcake" non-conf opponents and I hope for a 25-5 type of record with a top 2 or 3 seed in tourney and then off to the races!!!

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
If you read in a little further and select by conference, you'll see Olander and Giffey as well, ranking at 726 and 763, respectively. How Olander is higher than Giffey is a bit of a head scratcher.

Reaction Score
We've all seen Bazz for 3 years and he still hasn't maxed his potential. Its unfortunate that his sophomore year was with a disjointed team

Shabazz Napier #7:)
Ryan Boatright #53:)

Phil Pressey "best point guard in America" #98;)
Alex Oriakhi Legend in his own mind and "All American" according to his pops #125 :(

This list may be arguable, nevertheless it makes me happy :p

Reaction Score
Still wont be BE POY, probably not on the first two teams. Sickening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom