Shabazz is Great But Boatright Really Stepped UP | The Boneyard

Shabazz is Great But Boatright Really Stepped UP

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
The Past 3 Games, Boatright was Truly Outstanding.
Great Decision Making
Great Shot taking and Making
Great Passes
Amazing Defense
Didn't Miss any Layups

We expected Bazz to be Bazz, but Boatright was the Difference.
Truly Awesome Play By Boat.

Reaction Score
Boat will continue our rich point guard tradition. He's had 2 great mentors for 3 years.

Reaction Score
He hit big shots today to stop momentum. Early second half when we were a little out of sorts. That late shot clock step back after Kentucky cut it to 4. The 5-0 run after Bazz went to the bench to stretch it 7 was Boat finding Giffey in the corner and then a steal and two foul shots.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
everyone who ripped him this year i hope they like their crow... his defense was unbelievable this tournament, he was an animal on both ends of the courtv

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Happy for Boat. I think it bugs him to be in Bazz's shadow. He had an great tournament and an outstanding final! It was no coincidence that the Kentucky run happened while he was on the bench.

Reaction Score
He was amazing all tourney. He hit key shots, his defense was off the charts.....without that this never happens

Reaction Score
The difference. Amazing turnaround and really great to see. Can't wait to see what he's got in the future!

Reaction Score
D was incredible and he absolutely used Randle in what was really the most important possession of the game hitting that step-back J. I was one of many who criticized him over the course of the year. He was HUGE. Props to the Boatshow.

Reaction Score
Boat was OUTSTANDING! Completely different player once the tourney started. The bonehead plays were nearly non existant and the defense was Ricky Moorish.

Reaction Score
D was incredible and he absolutely used Randle in what was really the most important possession of the game hitting that step-back J. I was one of many who criticized him over the course of the year. He was HUGE. Props to the Boatshow.
A little Kemba-esq vs Pitt (McGhee) in the BE tourny. Only Randle didn't land on his ...almost though.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Happy for Boat. I think it bugs him to be in Bazz's shadow. He had an great tournament and an outstanding final! It was no coincidence that the Kentucky run happened while he was on the bench.

I think that part of the reason he has improved so much is because Bazz' greatness STOPPED bothering him so much. The light switch came on (and I was not sure it would) and he focused himself on being what the team needed in a remarkable way. Boat was co-mvp of the tournament in my book.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
And you know he's thinking he could be the first to help lead us to back-to-back NCs. If DD stays and Purvis is as advertised, you gotta think we're up for another run.

Reaction Score
And you know he's thinking he could be the first to help lead us to back-to-back NCs. If DD stays and Purvis is as advertised, you gotta think we're up for another run.
Many years ago when I was teaching at Weaver; I had a very perplexing student. The kid was really bright, but a total screwup. I really agitated him. He kept signing up for courses with me; I almost but never gave up on him. Then suddenly in his senior year; he was changed.
Great student, great attitude, helped with other students. Still he had a sketchy record, but I helped him get some great recommendations.
He was accepted to UMass; he got his PHd in adolescent psychology. I was never sure if I did anything to help him turn around. My opinion
is that he knew I cared about him, but the change came from inside him. Suddenly, he was ready to hear what I was saying.

This could be the case with Boatright; he suddenly was listening to the coaches. I think that Coach Ollie is one of those people who will put in the effort even when he isn't sure if the player is listening. He will do it again, and again; it may not work with every kid, but some kids
will be ready to change. I expect Boatright to be a terrific booster for UConn and Coach Ollie.

Coach Calhoun takes a lot of heat from a lot of outsiders. Consider the loyalty of his former players. Their bond is as wide and deep as the sea. I was not particularly happy to see the entire coaching staff being UConn loyalists. I think I'm wrong, I think KO is going to make this work long term.

Reaction Score
Many years ago when I was teaching at Weaver; I had a very perplexing student. The kid was really bright, but a total screwup. I really agitated him. He kept signing up for courses with me; I almost but never gave up on him. Then suddenly in his senior year; he was changed.
Great student, great attitude, helped with other students. Still he had a sketchy record, but I helped him get some great recommendations.
He was accepted to UMass; he got his PHd in adolescent psychology. I was never sure if I did anything to help him turn around. My opinion
is that he knew I cared about him, but the change came from inside him. Suddenly, he was ready to hear what I was saying.

This could be the case with Boatright; he suddenly was listening to the coaches. I think that Coach Ollie is one of those people who will put in the effort even when he isn't sure if the player is listening. He will do it again, and again; it may not work with every kid, but some kids
will be ready to change. I expect Boatright to be a terrific booster for UConn and Coach Ollie.

Coach Calhoun takes a lot of heat from a lot of outsiders. Consider the loyalty of his former players. Their bond is as wide and deep as the sea. I was not particularly happy to see the entire coaching staff being UConn loyalists. I think I'm wrong, I think KO is going to make this work long term.
How could we not believe in KO after what we just witnessed! Somehow JC and KO took the incredible 'Michelangelo*' that Calhoun casted and improved on it.

* sorry to use Vitalism, but it is appropriate in this case

Reaction Score
As someone who, even two months ago, was disappointed at what Boat was giving us, let me eat crow as clearly as I can -- I am not sure that a guard has ever played as close to perfect two way basketball through the last four rounds of a tournament as Ryan did. His decision making, both offensively and defensively, was unbelievable. And his body has always been ready to be a great player when his mind caught up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom