Shabazz in walking boot for 6 weeks | The Boneyard

Shabazz in walking boot for 6 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
At this point, from what has been previously posted here, I think that this is precautionary. He had made the Puerto Rican Team when he decided to leave there, so as not to put anymore pressure on it. Hopefully, the walking boot will let it heal!

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
it's concerning that it hasn't healed since the end of last season, but I guess he has not really rested it.

By the way, this is the injury that he did not talk about that almost assuredly accounted for the drop-off in his play/productivity and the bashing he took on The Boneyard. It's good to see that he is doing the right thing and resting it/giving it a chance to heal.

Not at all the same with a normal sized person, but long-lasting foot injuries reminds me of how Bill Walton went from dominant NBA player to MIA for years until he was able to be a backup. Of course, he was a hippie vegetarian, so who knows whether that made a difference. Anyway, I like to hear foot injuries in basketball players healing up really good.

Reaction Score
I think i remember him having a similar injury in high school. I will go back and try to find the article

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
If you have some sort of overuse injury or stress reaction, they'll stick you in a walking boot for six weeks. If it was a weekend warrior type, they might even just recommend some sort of heavy, stiff shoe instead of the boot.

A lot of times, these things fall into the 'too much, too soon' category where someone takes some time off and then jumps back into a sport full speed without letting their pieces and parts get acclimated to the stress.

This isn't a Bill Walton thing.

Reaction Score
I love Shabazz and I hope he is 100% healthy and ready for the start of the season. But, if his injury requires surgery it might not be the worst year to redshirt, right??

Reaction Score
At least since we have Boat we don't need Bazz to be an explosive point guard, more of a spot-up shooter. That's good, because by the sound of it, this issue isn't going away for Bazz any time soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom