SF Vance Jackson (Signed LOI on 11/11) | Page 19 | The Boneyard

SF Vance Jackson (Signed LOI on 11/11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Jerry Meyer and Andrew Slater flipped their picks from Cal to UConn. Slater had Gibbs commiting before it was official..

IIRC, Meyer only made the initial Cal prediction while Vance was at UConn. He turned that around quickly.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Jerry Meyer and Andrew Slater flipped their picks from Cal to UConn. Slater had Gibbs commiting before it was official..

I think we've seen that Meyer's crystal ball picks are more rooted in plane schedules than any actual insight.

Plus, what's up with their graph?

Screen_Shot_2015_09_27_at_5_53_25_PM.png

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
My last 4 tweets since Friday were fixated on Vance. He faved and retweeted the first three. This mornings was only favorited...no retweet.

Trying again tonight for the retweet. F crystal balls. The true guage is retweet %.

C

Chief00

He snap chated A LOT this weekend. I won't go into too much detail nor should anyone else who saw it but he seemed to have a VERY good time. DHAM is not his only friend from back home on campus- Katie Lou Samuelson too.

In regards to Middleseatgate, he snapped a pic of his ticket. His seat was 16c. In my experience C is always the aisle. Being a gentleman, he must have given his mom the seat. Judging by this last snap/tweet, the flight home seems much more comfortable.
Agreed. Just because you don't provide details using good judgement is a smart thing but be prepared for the prove it minions. Just ignore them.

C

Chief00

Maybe "destinations". When I first read it I thought it had something to do with gas and couldn't understand why SW was avoided at the expense of other airlines and passengers.
You remember what I wrote more than me - it is destination - SW doesn't fly into a city I travel to - so I have points on another airline.

Funny thing I flew SW in the 1980's and early 90's when I traveled a lot between cities in TX, AZ and OK on business. It is much tamer now - definitely had its own vibe then.

Reaction Score
My last 4 tweets since Friday were fixated on Vance. He faved and retweeted the first three. This mornings was only favorited...no retweet.

Trying again tonight for the retweet. F crystal balls. The true guage is retweet %.

You "doomed" us Dove WTF :confused:

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
Good. It'll be fun to beat Arizona to a top-50 recruit.
Is that Chap trolling on zagsblog in the comment section? I strangely miss him.

Reaction Score
I think we've seen that Meyer's crystal ball picks are more rooted in plane schedules than any actual insight.

Plus, what's up with their graph?

Screen_Shot_2015_09_27_at_5_53_25_PM.png
very confusing.. looks like you have 3 schools involved... but you can't really tell who is who.

Reaction Score
very confusing.. looks like you have 3 schools involved... but you can't really tell who is who.

Even if you can tell who is who (which you can by mousing over the lines on the actual graph), it doesn't jive with the percentages above the graph. Cal and UConn account for 100% of the predictions, but the graph suggests 3 schools are getting at least one prediction.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
Even if you can tell who is who (which you can by mousing over the lines on the actual graph), it doesn't jive with the percentages above the graph. Cal and UConn account for 100% of the predictions, but the graph suggests 3 schools are getting at least one prediction.
"Experts" can change their pick for a player. Jerry Meyer, for example, had predicted Hamidou Diallo to UConn but recently changed his pick to Kentucky. So UConn's % of picks goes down, but still shows up on the graph when Meyer originally picked us.

Reaction Score
So he cut his list to 3, visits uconn, and is now considering two new west coast powerhouses?

Reaction Score
"Experts" can change their pick for a player. Jerry Meyer, for example, had predicted Hamidou Diallo to UConn but recently changed his pick to Kentucky. So UConn's % of picks goes down, but still shows up on the graph when Meyer originally picked us.

Not to be rude, but... duh? I'm talking about how it shows that at this moment there are more than 2 schools with predictions, when it should just be 2 (UConn and Cal both with 50% at the moment).

The graph has the sky blue line (UCLA) showing at about 25% right now, all the way to the right of the graph. There are no UCLA predictions right now.

caw

Reaction Score
So he cut his list to 3, visits uconn, and is now considering two new west coast powerhouses?

He never cut his list to three. He just set three visits (though apparently cut Memphis' though I don't see that on Zags). Also, USC is a powerhouse? At basketball?

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
Not to be rude, but... duh? I'm talking about how it shows that at this moment there are more than 2 schools with predictions, when it should just be 2 (UConn and Cal both with 50% at the moment).

The graph has the sky blue line (UCLA) showing at about 25% right now, all the way to the right of the graph. There are no UCLA predictions right now.
You're totally right, I missed that. Very strange. Either way, I like our momentum with him.

Reaction Score
He never cut his list to three. He just set three visits (though apparently cut Memphis' though I don't see that on Zags). Also, USC is a powerhouse? At basketball?
i thought he cut his list to cal memphis uconn i must have been mistaken, also thought usc was ucla in my head... still sc gets his share of big time cali players (derozen, mclaughlin, boatwright...)

Reaction Score
As we all hyper-analyze Twitter - Vance is now following KO. He and Stewie are also new Twitter buddies. I'm waiting for the Purvis, Adams, Gibbs, et al. follows before we can call anything official. If/when those pour in, we can spray the champagne.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
As we all hyper-analyze Twitter - Vance is now following KO. He and Stewie are also new Twitter buddies. I'm waiting for the Purvis, Adams, Gibbs, et al. follows before we can call anything official. If/when those pour in, we can spray the champagne.
Don't forget Katie Lou Samuelson who is a new Husky either this year or next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom